California-Northern

Photography pricing (XP to Bay Area board)

Hey all

I already had my wedding (last month), but I was curious.  What is the average price people have been paying for photography in our area.

So, what did you pay (or will you be paying) for your photography.

Does it include an engagement shoot?

Does it come with a second shooter?

Do you get rights to the digital photos?

Re: Photography pricing (XP to Bay Area board)

• So, what did you pay (or will you be paying) for your photography.
    We paid $750

Does it include an engagement shoot? No

Does it come with a second shooter? No

Do you get rights to the digital photos? Yes
  • thanks. I'm now helping a friend plan her wedding, and we are really trying to see the variation in pricing around here.
  • I am paying $1,900 for 2 photographers for a whole day, plus engagement pictures, and medium resolution DVD. I also added a photobooth with the same photographer for $200. As we all know, photographer is one of the most important and what I consider "big ticket" item. I'd budget at least $2k so you can get the photographer that you want. After looking at various photographers, I can say that for a good photographer the average is $1,500. Then again, it really depends on what you want also. Good luck!
  • I posted a response over in the Bay Area board, but I figured I could also post it here too.

We paid about $4200 for our photographer.
    That price did include the engagement session (and also a boudoir session), high resolution files and all rights, and all wedding day coverage -- though it only pays for one photographer.
    Oh, and it also included hair and makeup for the Esession and boudoir.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're paying $3900 and it included engagments, all day coverage, photog & assistant and 1 album and digital proofs
  • $1600, 8 hours of shooting, 1 shooter, engagement shoot included (but not sure we'll use it).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Damn I got a good deal. It is a friend though so that helps. 
    I paid $800 that includes engagement, all digital rights, 8 hrs on day of with just her. And she's amazing. 
    I know she raised her prices a bit but I think it's only $1200, not sure if thats with engagement photos though.
  • We went on the higher end of the spectrum because we wanted to work with someone that our friends had worked with. 

We've signed up for $6,500. She's from Sacramento and does photography all over, (and I mean all over people hire her to go all over the U.S.). She's experienced and our package comes with all the necessary travel photos on a CD, all the edits we want, a photo album custom designed with paper upgrades, 2 'brag books  custom designed (mini-photo albums that we're giving to parents as gifts),  a 2nd photographer, 9 hours of coverage, engagement session, plus some other items that I can't think of... As I said we went with her because we have a TON of people/friends that have worked with her espically for their kids photos. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards