Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter

Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I hope the mother of the 2 year old I watch puts her in some sort of pre school program SOON. She is making me insane! 2 year olds suck.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession - I like my job, but it's still just a job. I want to just have my masters already and teach....I also confess that I should have listened to my mother and just done elementary education when I was an undergraduate.....
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:538b8b5d-b133-411f-80e9-b2ddd31d6ae7">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - I like my job, but it's still just a job. I want to just have my masters already and teach....I also confess that I should have listened to my mother and just done elementary education when I was an undergraduate.....
    Posted by FutureMrsTCT[/QUOTE]

<div>My mom told me to go into teaching as well and I didn't listen, I went back as an "adult" student.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Now I have decided to start an education business, I hope to be out of the classroom in 2-3 years.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With 24 days left to go, I just want this wedding to be here and be overwith so I can move on with life.

I feel bad I don't  come around on this board as often as I used to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess....

It annoys me when I send emails about relevant stuff to people and get no response.  Those same people will waste my time with stupid forwards and want a response asap when THEY want something.

I'm disappointed that my parents, brother, MOH, BM and friends won't upload pics to my snapfish room.  They all know I don't fave facebook, so just post the damn pics on snapfish so I can access them!  WTF?

I still find it funny that my coworker tried to encourage me to leave yesterday.

I'm glad that DH is going away next Saturday.  Its a good excuse to occupy my time with a much needed massage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Stef I was just thinking your wedding is coming up.  Where have you been?
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess I had a crying breakdown when I got home from work yesterday. I hate my job and hate the industry I'm in. Its frustrating bc I can't start looking for new jobs when I don't even know what I want to do or where to look :-/   I know I want to get out of marketing. Sitting behind a desk for 8 hours is not for me. :-P
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AW: Today is my 1 month mark!!!
    AW: My niece has finally hit the 6 pound mark (she's turning into a chunky monkey!!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I confess I got airbrush tanning done yesterday and it was an extremely messy process!  My underwear was horribly stained, and I pray to God the stains come out in the wash (luckily, it wasn't NEW underwear, or I would really be pissed off)!  Luckily, after showering last night, most of the mess went down the drain and I now have a natural, golden color without looking TOO tan.  If you're going to have this done, I recommend doing it about 5 days before your wedding like I did, and wear old clothes to the appointment!

MY WEDDING IS IN 4 DAYS, WOOT!!

Also, like most of you, I can't stand my job either.  I have my BA in Music Therapy, but I've been an Admin. Asst. at a non-profit agency that employs developmentally disabled adults for the past 2 1/2 years due to the lack of jobs in my area.  I will be looking for a new job after the HM, which isn't until 10/28.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jesster - I can send my coworker over to give you an encouraging "pursue your dreams" speech.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am on the "hate my job" bandwagon too.  I shouldn't complain too much, there are pros and cons.  I want to get out of my field, but in this job market, I won't even get an interview for anything that's not exactly what I'm doing now.  I'm torn between looking for a better job with a better commute after the wedding, or just sticking it out until next year when I hopefully get pregnant and can quit my job and either be a SAHM or find something closer to home. There's no way I'm commuting an hour into the ghetto every day with a baby at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:5d763000-2f12-4376-8a3e-f54336df1833">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am on the "hate my job" bandwagon too.  I shouldn't complain too much, there are pros and cons.  I want to get out of my field, but in this job market, I won't even get an interview for anything that's not exactly what I'm doing now.  I'm torn between looking for a better job with a better commute after the wedding, or just sticking it out until next year when I hopefully get pregnant and can quit my job and either be a SAHM or find something closer to home. There's no way I'm commuting an hour into the ghetto every day with a baby at home.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

I won't be having children - had a hysterectomy 2 years ago - but I would love to be a SAHW, LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I lack sympathy for people who disregard the news/weather people/lifeguards and go into the ocean with a strong rip current and struggle.  PAY ATTENTION!  No swimmer is "too good" to get sucked into the rip current.  (This is in anticipation of the hurricane coming up the coast on a holiday weekend.  NJ lifeguards and the coast guard will have their hands full all weekend because people can't listen.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:c6a87472-00c0-4f08-9bba-e4daeb6bd178">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I lack sympathy for people who disregard the news/weather people/lifeguards and go into the ocean with a strong rip current and struggle.  PAY ATTENTION!  No swimmer is "too good" to get sucked into the rip current.  (This is in anticipation of the hurricane coming up the coast on a holiday weekend.  NJ lifeguards and the coast guard will have their hands full all weekend because people can't listen.)
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

This past Saturday was a mess! People don't listen to the life guard at all when they wave them in.  No lie every 20 mins some one was getting pulled in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I should of stuck with being an education major. I can go back for my masters but I am worried that I won't be able to get a job since schools are starting to close. So masters in education vs. MBA. decisions decisions.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent: I hate dealing with the tux people. They freakin' idiots! This place is just for renting the RBs and FI's vest because the other place where the GM are getting their tux doesn't have RB tuxes small enough. They also don't have the vest color that FI likes (because he's picky). So I hate FI for making me deal with them because he takes too damn long. And I hate the stupid tux people because I spent 30 mins on the phone with them going NO WHERE!

I'm also really irritated at FI's family. HIs cousin has been MIA because her and her FI are sooo into this at home business thing (MH you know what I'm talking about). I just got their RSVP yesterday and she flat out was like so my sister wasn't invited?!? NO dummy! She was! She was on your dad's invite because I thought it was weird for me to send an invite to your mom's place (FI's ex aunt) for your sister when your mom isn't invited! Why woudn't FI invite his first cousin? And why would he invite you and not your sister. That makes no sense! THINK PEOPLE!!!
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:c6a87472-00c0-4f08-9bba-e4daeb6bd178">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I lack sympathy for people who disregard the news/weather people/lifeguards and go into the ocean with a strong rip current and struggle.  PAY ATTENTION!  No swimmer is "too good" to get sucked into the rip current.  (This is in anticipation of the hurricane coming up the coast on a holiday weekend.  <strong>NJ lifeguards and the coast guard will have their hands full all weekend because people can't listen</strong>.)

FI  has never been happier to not be a lifeguard. He guarded for 5 years at Stone Harbor, but yeah he would definitely be annoyed at the vacationers this weekend. I would also be annoyed at him for still being a lifeguard since they have no life as in they have no free time.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:36632609-b481-4b88-b49d-d62ae658b281">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesster - I can send my coworker over to give you an encouraging "pursue your dreams" speech.

hahahaha   that would be fabulous thanks haha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:946e5358-18ed-4a7a-b0eb-b9e8f322973e">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]HIs cousin has been MIA because her and her FI are sooo into this at home business thing (MH you know what I'm talking about).
    Posted by Northstar1808[/QUOTE]

LOL whatever could you mean?  Me getting married finally hit my dad (hard) at the rehearsal.  Its was as if he hadn't thought about it until that day/week.  Wonder what else was on his mind the whole time I was planning?  Hmmmmm?

Edit:  AND he was handing out business cards and newsletters to staff at the hotel and my venue.  He asked my bridal attendant for his address about 1 hour before the ceremony started!  Unbelieveable.  He's lucky I was too distracted to cause a scene.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh-- here's an open letter sharing moment...

I was putting away shower gifts and I went to open this box of bakeware stuff from FI's sister and brother in law...and when I was pulling stuff out of the box, a card fell out so I opened it and it was a card to FSIL and her husband from their wedding day 6 years ago!  
    She had regifted the bake stuff!!  I just cracked up and was like 'oh geez' because it really is typical of her.  I won't say I've never regifted- but not to my own family. I mean- You could just give it to us and day 'hey, I got this at my shower but I've never used it and never will, do you want it?' You don't pretend you bought it and wrap it up and give it to us. 
    I told FI and he thought it was hysterical and was like 'oh, I HAVE to say something to them this weekend' hahaha I don't want to embarrass them, but it is funny.  Should I sent a thank you to poor bob and barb who think FSIL have been enjoying the nice bakeware they purchased 5-6 years ago? ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess- FI should hang here the card and say "hey you left this in the bake ware box!"

Was it bake ware you registered for?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha yea right we should- especially bc there was a recipe card in there too apparently from something they did at her shower. 
    We tossed around the idea of giving it back to them at Christmas ;)

nope- didn't register for it
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess - I would send a thank you card, and enclose the card to them and tell them they accidentally left it in there and you didn't know if they wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons so you thought you should return it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jesster- That is really funny, but I would have been like EWE WTF!  Send her a thank you note and thank her for the lovely re-gifted bake wear, and go on to say that you look forward to re-gifting it back to her at a later date. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: Our RSVP's are due today. We are still waiting on 41 people to respond!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha  I just want to see her face when she realizes she didn't pull a fast one on us ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-started-early-confessionsawventopen-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:083e7b3a-3f8e-4d95-9ee4-015e05b027cdPost:14fedfe3-25a5-442a-a7ef-6df90dd3001f">Re: Lets get started early... Confessions/AW/Vent/Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesster- That is really funny, but I would have been like EWE WTF!  Send her a thank you note and thank her for the lovely re-gifted bake wear, and go on to say that you look forward to re-gifting it back to her at a later date. LOL
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

<div>My g-mom gave my mom and her sister these really fug sweater vests in the 70s the were handed back and forth for YEARS.  They would lay low for a few years then out of no where BAM fug sweater for Christmas or a shower, you never knew where it would come up.  </div><div>   You also got a legit gift after the fact with the fug sweater.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NCV- That is hilarious!!!!!!! Was it a running joke?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I just ate chips and tastykake for lunch.  I bought the chips to go with a Wawa wrap, started eating and the wrap was disgusting (had chicken in it, there was fat from the chicken that I literally spit back out into a napkin).  So, I bailed on the wrap and was too lazy to leave the building for real food, so I just hit the vending machine again and decided tastykakes was the most "filling" option.  Sigh... LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I was doing pretty well with this new "I'm zen and happy and am not going to let your drama or BS get me down" attitude I've been trying out the past few days.  But then I started chatting with my sister about wedding stuff and mom stuff and I started to get annoyed again.  :-(

Also

Dear Mom and Dad,
    I understand your feelings toward FILs.  I really do. But for your daughter's sake, please hide the sighs, eye rolls and nasty comments during the rehearsal dinner and wedding.  If I hear it or see it, I might snap. Again.
    Love,
    Your just wants to get through her wedding day without family drama daughter
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards