Catholic Weddings

Another Latin Mass question-invites

So... I feel like somewhere in my invitation I should note that this will be a Traditional Latin Mass.

I could put
request the honor of your presence
At the Nuptial High Mass
etc. etc.

Or should I put it somewhere else on the main invitation? Like just say "at the wedding/nuptials" etc. etc. and then at the bottom "Traditional Latin High Mass to follow"?

Or, I could put it on the same enclosure card as the reception details (the only enclosure I'm adding).

What have you done?

And yeah... I have plenty of time to decide this, put I'm going DIY and I want to make a mock-up next weekend when I'm at my parents' house.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w

Re: Another Latin Mass question-invites

• agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The correct term is "extraordinary form".
    If you think more info is needed..then parenthesis maybe?

So you can say the nuptial mass celebrated in the extraordinary form. (Tridentine)
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we just mentioned the nuptial mass.  we told many ahead of time that we were having a latin mass, but we didnt explicitly say so on the invites.  since the vows, etc. take place prior to the mass, our priest was able to  say a few words in between the vows adn the start of the mass wherein he explained that we were having a latin mass, which is why the vows came first, and then also went over teh communion guidelines for receipt, and explained how folks could follow along in the missals provided.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a thought - perhaps if your church has any requirements (e.g. attire, head coverings) - you can include an insert with this information. Then you can mention the Latin mass on the insert.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011

Ours reads as follows:

Request the honor of your presence as we seal our loveWith an eternal bond before God in theHoly Sacrament of Matrimony

We added the information about the Nuptials on our website.

M

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What did you decide to do?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops, totally missed your question... well, if you check back--we're going to do a standard Catholic invite wording (Nuptial Mass), and then include an insert that mentions its a Latin Mass.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards