South Asian Weddings

wedding sari/panetar draping

Hey Ladies!

I wanted to know if any of you have any experience with anyone that drapes indian wedding outfits and also other guest's saris. I am having a non-indian girl do my hair and make up and she does not know how to actually put my outfit on so I def need help with that. Also I am marrying a non-indian guy and alll of his family (20 ppl) want to wear a sari so I need someone to help them put a sari on also. I really appreciate any help you guys can provide me. Wedding is Oct 6, 2012 in New Jersey.

Re: wedding sari/panetar draping

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!

I used someone that my photographer had recommended and she worked out really well. She was on time and efficient.

Her name is Baku: minesh64@hotmail.com. I have a phone number for her, but I don't feel comfortable posting that in a public forum. Let me know if you want it and I am PM it to you.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I paid $25 per person for the draping. It seems like a lot, but it was worth it in the end to not have to worry about it. The pleats were perfect and the pins were hidden so you had no idea that they were there.

She also did updos for my sister in law and my cousin who wanted to get their hair done. I think the price for them was $60 each.

Hope that helps!

ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, does Baku also work on Long Island?!
  • edited December 2011
    any idea? Im looking for someone
  • amehta141amehta141 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Hi raangoli !!
    I am also looking for someone to drape my sari and my bridesmaids for the wedding.
    Could you forward me her number to me?
    Let me know!
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards