Michigan-Grand Rapids

HELP! Having trouble booking my church

Ok, so I posted a few weeks ago about how excited I was that I found my venues. I have had excellent service from the University Club and have a contract in my possession waiting to be signed. However, I've called Fountain Street Church many times, left 2 voicemails, and email the wedding coordinator telling her I wanted to book and haven't heard back from her. I started that whole process two weeks ago!

Now, what should I do? I LOVE Fountain Street Church, but I don't want to go through this frustration for the next year and a half. Plus, I don't really have a backup church in mind...

Thanks in advance. I'm really struggling with this!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: HELP! Having trouble booking my church

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would just go over to the church, walk in and ask to speak with her. Is there anyone there who can help you, other than the coordinator? I don't know much about this particular church. I'm sorry you're dealing with this!

• edited December 2011
    This has got to be frusterating, but try not to stress. You have plenty of time, just have fun with stuff and this point
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hillkat2hillkat2 member
    edited December 2011
    ME TOO!! Heather is awful to get in touch with. When you do talk to her, she is great, but getting a hold of her is a struggle. I grew up in FSC so its the only place I was going to get married but getting the first couple of conversations was frustrating (I'm planning from Minneapolis, so going there was not an option). Just keep trying. Try talking to GG in the office, she is great and will send emails to Heather for you. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    @hillkat2: As bad as it is, I'm so thankful someone else is having these problems. Thanks for the advice. I will try again. I hate pestering and I don't want her to get sick of me, but I really don't want to book my reception venue until I make sure I can get FSC on my date. I'll try GG...thanks!!
    edited December 2011
    I left another message for her today. Ugh. I would just hate to be planning a funeral or something time sensative with her, you know??
  • edited December 2011
    SHE CALLED ME BACK TODAY!!! I am so excited. Keep calling her and being persistent. She apologized for not getting back to me sooner and said she's had a crazy past 10 days. Not making excuses for her, but hang in there! I was getting to the point where I was trying to figure something else out for my ceremony location. I hope she calls you back soon too!
    edited December 2011
    She just called me too. I was coming on here to tell you, lol! She does forget what you talked about, so if you can start getting her to email you, try that. She told me that she was waiting for contact information from me before sending the contract, but per our last conversation, she was sending the contract to my mom (who lives in GR and is paying for the church). Whatever, I hope it works. Who do you want to marry you, Matthew or Fred?
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!!!!!!! So happy. :) I think I'm going to have an outside officiant marry us...I'm really crazy about having someone I know (or sort of know) marry me...have you met their pastors? Do you like either of them? Maybe I'll change my mind and go with one of them...although FMIL has a pastor in mind that she thinks would be great, we'll see! I'm so happy she called you too! Maybe she heard us talking...lol!
  • I like the church, but the price tag is steep!!! I booked a the Kuyper college chapel for half the price. And I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards