• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

I want this soooo bad

http://www.etsy.com/listing/47309956/accordion-fold-wedding-invitation-all-in?ref=cat2_gallery_8

We were going to get free invites from where we are getting our tuxes so am not sure if I can fit these into my budget instead but I LOVE THESE!  I figure that since only the invites are free and reception and response cards are extra and colored ink is extra, I might spend about $200 on "Free" invites.  For about $350 more I can get everything and I would absolutely love it and not have to pick from their "Free" books.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I want this soooo bad

• Very cute! Love them its very different!
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Those look great. What a great find. If you can fit it into your budget,  I would do it.

• Wow those are neat!!  Also you mentioned the free invites from the tux place - what tux place are you renting from?  I've only ever heard of that from one other person so I am curious!  :D
    BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
    It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
    one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
    Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We are renting from Ducky's Formal Wear.  We are getting more than 14 tuxes so we get to choose 4 of their specials.  I've highlighted the ones in red that we wanted to pick. 

Here are their specials

Wedding Special
    (Moline Only)

• Grooms Tux Free
     • 1/2 Off Father of Brides Tux
     • $20.00 Off Each Tux OR
        Free Invitations

• 1/2 Off Ring Bearer's Tux
     • 1/2 Off Best Man's Tux
     • 3 Piece Luggage Set

Choose Any Two!
     • With 6 or More Paid Rentals

Choose Any Three!
     • With 10 or More Paid Rentals

Choose Any Four!
     • With 14 or More Paid Rentals
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my god I'm in love with those too!  They're gorgeous!
  • I'd give $20 off the rental to the grooms, spend less money on their groomsmen gifts and get these invites. Those are really cool!!
  • I argee with the pp. Get the $20 off for each tux plus the free groom one.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Those are cool! They would definitely stand out and be memorable.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• I love those.  They are above my invite budget, but I may have to rethink my budget.  I love that she'll do a custom map for $50.  The idea of messing with a map is making me kind of sad.
  • Very cute invitations!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow those are super cute! I agree with pp, get the $20 off the GM tux's and go with these invites if you can make it fit in the budget.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • I may find other places to cut the budget as well.  I just vowed to my co-worker that I would give up eating out for lunch.  I go out maybe twice a week and could save 20-30 bucks a week just on lunch.

Our GM (there are 11 of them) would appreciate a $20 discount.  They are all taking a destination Bach party (the east coast) so after those costs, I'm sure they could use extra savings.  My BM are all getting a $20 discount just cuz I bought my dress at David's so that's only fair then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    go with the $20 off each tux - if you have 14 tuxes you'll save $280 which will almost pay for the invitations you want from Etsy

if you don't get the $20 discount b/c the other three tuxes are discount you'll still save $220

either way it is a better value than the free invites.  
    for example; lets say you are spending $1000 on these tuxes and $20 off each tux means you would spend $720 on tuxes
    1000-280=720 + 350 (invites) = 1070

the "free" invites with upgrades you need for response cards would cost you
    1000+200 = 1200
    you are actually saving money if you buy the invites somewhere else
  • Well the GM are paying for their own tuxes so it wouldn't save me any more money to go with the discount but I would choose that one because it would be nice for the GM to not have to pay so much. 

I am gonna check with a local printer here in town too to see if we can design something similar so I can maybe have all of my stationary for around the same price.  Here's to hoping :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards