Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

E-mail Rant/Alfred Angelo

I have had one of the WORST customer service experience ever at this store. For me to be spending upwards of $700 (before tax OR undergarments) at a store, I feel like my business is unwanted and unappreciated. If I had this to do over, I would go somewhere where the gowns were not as pretty, just to get the customer service that a consumer deserves.   The first time I came in, I was told that I needed an appointment in order to get help looking at gowns- there were no other customers in the store at the time. Fortunately, I was off, so I made an appointment for an hour later and came back. I tried on style number 1963 in claret but in the wrong size, and in white but the right size. I chose to think about it and come back, however no one offered to write down the style number, or call me when it was on sale (it wasn’t at the time). A month later, I came in out of the blue with my maid of honor, I was not greeted or assisted (probably because of my lack of appointment). My maid of honor and I compared the style I had tried on in different colors and asked for prices (still wasn’t on sale). I said I would wait until it was on sale even though I had the 50% deposit required in hand that day. I had almost left when the manager kindly offered to honor the sale price. I paid the deposit and was given no help as to what size to order- I guessed- or an ETA. A few weeks after that I called to see if we could come try on bridesmaid dresses, and I was told there were no appointments available for that day (it was a Friday afternoon). No one offered to let us look at catalogs, or offered the next available appt on a different day. I said I would go to David’s Bridal and look there, where appointments are an option and not a requirement, to which the woman that answered said O.K. and hung up. We did end up at David’s Bridal, and got GREAT customer service. I did not find the dresses that I wanted, but I will continue to look, as opposed to spending more money at that Alfred Angelo store. I WILL sacrifice the dress for the customer service. My dress has since come in and I told the person who called to tell me that I would come in this Friday 2/25 to complete payment and try it on.  She said ok and we hung up. I called BACK today to make sure I had an appointment in the books (learning from past experiences). Someone answered (I think their name was Tami) but the connection was bad and she hung up. I called back and Jessica answered (I finally learned and started getting names) I told her I called to confirm my appointment and told her what it was for. She said I didn’t need an appointment. I asked her if she could please put it in the books because I have had trouble before with getting service, this will be the first time my mother sees my dress and I want it to be special. She insisted that I didn’t need an appointment until I said I would need to also purchase undergarments. She then started paying attention, it seemed, and finally asked my name (which I had already told her) and what kind of appointment I needed. Instead of just confirming that there was an appt, she reminded me of my balance (WHICH I HAD ALREADY TOLD HER AS WELL AS THE PERSON THAT PREVIOUSLY CALLED THAT I WOULD PAY ON 2/25). I said I knew, and would be paying it. She said O.K. and hung up.   I am so fed up with the lack of customer service, I know these letters don’t mean much from an upset consumer but I thought I would let you know.  I will be posting this e-mail as well as any subsequent responses to theknot.com wedding boards as well as on Facebook and Twitter. Even when a company has no regard for their customers experience, others getting married may think twice about going somewhere where your level of customer service depends on an appointment. Thank you,Jennifer

Re: E-mail Rant/Alfred Angelo

• edited December 2011
    Which city was this in? They are all different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to take your full name off of this...it's not really safe.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Firstly, What city is this in? I am going to AA (no questions..and I hope its not my local one...I would hate to have to go all the way to Garland) Even though I have gotten the feeling a the 2 times I've been in the local AA that they are kind of "blah" about everything.

Secondly, I used to work at AA. Appointments are recommended but never required for try-ons. But for alterations you do need an appt.
    They should have taken all your info and put it in the computer AND put any styles you were interested in your info. Also, they should have taken measurements, since they order the size based on your critical measurement (your biggest size). They should not have let you guess at your size.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to the Alfred Angelo in Frisco and they were very nice & accommodating. They opened a few minutes early so we wouldn't have to sit outside in the cold, wrote down info for me like latest date we could order by and even took 30 minutes to show me how different colors sashes will look photographed! I think it all depends on the location.
  • Jackieee29Jackieee29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an experience like this a davids bridal in Frisco, I hated the service but feel in love with the dress. But I did go to AA in frisco first and had way better customer service than at David's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I feel your pain. My mother, Maid of Honor and I went to the AA at Stonebriar.  We didn't have an appointment and were asked to wait until they knew they would have no shows, which was fine with me.  After they figured it out, we were put with Courtney.  I told her exactly what I was looking for - Lace (re-embroidered or Corded), A-line or modifed A-line, and strapless.  She pulled 7 dresses, none of which had anything I was looking for.  Rather than assisting me with the corsets or zippers, she gossiped with another bride during her fitting and left my mom to help me out (bad arthritis and all) When I asked for the style number to one of the gowns, she walked away, grabbed a small catalogue and tossed it to my mother.  Keep in mind, we didn't look underneath the clientelle of the store.  We were well dressed, well spoken women on a mission.  When we were leaving, she thought to ask my budget for next time I came in.  When I responded with the fact that we had no budget (100% open to anything) but said we wouldn't be returning due to her poor customer service, she rolled her eyes, gave a little wave, and muttered whatever under her voice. 

I went the same day to Stardust, Demetrios' at Stonebriar and David's at Vista Ridge and had very nice experiences... shame a chain store like AA can't hire women who value how special dress shopping is for people until after they have your money.

• edited December 2011
    I have to say it's different with every store as well. I went to AA in Arlington and it was fine. The DB was actually the one I had issues with. I ended up getting my dress from Denton, but it would be wise to send this to their corporate office as well. Just have the store location and all the people's names you've collected.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_e-mail-rantalfred-angelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:844dc353-b803-4cea-9b86-f6ea18a676c2Post:f4e076a1-5703-4186-bded-2c5cd73e75da">Re: E-mail Rant/Alfred Angelo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to say it's different with every store as well. <strong>I went to AA in Arlington and it was fine.</strong> The DB was actually the one I had issues with. I ended up getting my dress from Denton, but it would be wise to send this to their corporate office as well. Just have the store location and all the people's names you've collected.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

Whew. This is my local store.
  • davidaskedmedavidaskedme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did send it to corporate, posted it here as well! glad you had a good experience @DFWIndian, I know everyones experience is different, mine just sucked They haven't written back yet either. I might try Stardust for Bridesmaid dresses definitely!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_e-mail-rantalfred-angelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:844dc353-b803-4cea-9b86-f6ea18a676c2Post:e7e45b26-31df-4631-b859-fe3ff1040786">Re: E-mail Rant/Alfred Angelo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did send it to corporate, posted it here as well! glad you had a good experience @DFWIndian, I know everyones experience is different, mine just sucked They haven't written back yet either. I might try Stardust for Bridesmaid dresses definitely!
    Posted by davidaskedme[/QUOTE]

<div>You never answered which store this was...</div>
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think wedding dress shopping, just like any other vendor, comes down to personal experience.  Many of us had a bad vendor but others had a good experience with that one.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience with AA.  But now you know and you can move on. 
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the Arlington AA and they were very blah.  It was a boring experience and the staff seem stiff and a bit pretentious.  I had an awesome experience at David's Bridal while dress shopping.  It came down to two dresses, one at each store, and I went for the AA dress.

AA in arlington wasn't terrible, it just wasn't fun and memorable.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_e-mail-rantalfred-angelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:844dc353-b803-4cea-9b86-f6ea18a676c2Post:eac935ab-1b45-4543-a719-32adaf092641">Re: E-mail Rant/Alfred Angelo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my dress at the Arlington AA and they were very blah.  It was a boring experience and the staff seem stiff and a bit pretentious.  I had an awesome experience at David's Bridal while dress shopping.  It came down to two dresses, one at each store, and I went for the AA dress. AA in arlington wasn't terrible, it just wasn't fun and memorable.
    Posted by Future Mrs Lair[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way about them.  We went for BM dresses but they just didn't give me any "wow factor".  In fact, none of them really did, except for O'Cones.  I just didn't find anything I liked there.
  • LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used the one in Frisco and they were extremely helpful. I even went in alone today (no appt) and the manager helped me, and was very nice.... Maybe it's just the city u went to? If you havent found your dresses and like the ones at AA, try the one in Frisco, they are really nice there.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards