Georgia-Atlanta

I have two months left and still need help. Any advice?

Hello ladies, I know for my May 2010 brides it is two months away from the wedding. Ok ladies, I need some suggestions, I still need to get a cake three tier buttercream cake very simple. Now my budget for that is 200? Well ho new is this cupcake thing someone gave me that idea, ut too sure about? I still need to find flowers for the bridemaids n others, I a doing silk for everything else and having my bouquet real flowers. Where can I go to find flowers? I have a idea for my bridal shower a cocktail party but is there anyother ideas? Im a party girl so that was my choice. Now as far as the bachelorette party where can I find a pole dancing lessons fr the party and where to "Bar Crawl"? I know this it alot but any ideas or suggestions would help?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I have two months left and still need help. Any advice?

• edited December 2011

Check Costco for flowers. They do packages for weddings that are very nice. For a cake you could have a small cake to cut and serve sheet cake. It seems no one really knows the difference since it's cut and put on plates.

CCH

• edited December 2011
    I had a great pole dancing experience last month at PoleLaTeaz. It was my first, yet they made it so comfortable and fun for our group. Check out the website and see if it is something you'd like... www.polelateaz.com. HTH.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Some places will let you rent a showpiece cake for the day and you can serve the guests a sheet cake, which can be pretty inexpensive.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about Publix for the cake?  I have a $20.00 coupon I can send you.  It expires on 4/30/2010.  It could help you out.  You can pm me your email address or include it here and I will email it to you.
  • redhepburnredhepburn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, my Publix cake is 3 tier and serves up to 75 people and will be 239 without the coupon. I added extra fillings so it could have been just a bit cheaper.  Mine will be 219 with the coupon and with us picking it up, not having it delivered.  Our Publix also does flowers. They do bouquets and the bout's, corsages. 
  • KamishKamish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a good place for pole dancing classes as well.

www.elnorasgym.com/" target="_blank" onmousedown="UntrustedLink.bootstrap($(this), "725012047c7373a8e4187fa9e6c29d5e", event)">http://www.elnorasgym.com
  • cseschmancseschman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist is located in Fayetteville. She works from her home so has no overhead. She was so creative and very, very reasonable. I showed her photos of what I really loved, gave her my budget, and she stayed with that budget!! Amazing. She never tried to talk me into something that I couldn't afford and she offered suggestions when I was clueless. She showed up to my reception sight and delivered my flowers, along with a large bag of rose petals that she suggested I sprinkle around my outdoor sight AND, she saw the single stems I had on the reception table and came in with an armload of cut orchids that matched my bouquet and she added a stem into each vase...ALL WITH NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! Unbelievable and unheard of.
    I had a budget of only $225 and everyone's flowers were absolutely gorgous! One bridal bouquet of roses, orchids, hydrangeas and hierloom flowers from her own garden, two bridesmaids bouquets, two mother wrist coursages (at request of the mom's) and six boutiniers (Spelling!!). Plus, the huge bag of rose petals and the stems of orchids...All within my budget. Email her and tell her Cynthia sent you to her. I really think you will be happy. I was extatic!! Better than I hoped for. She will send you her portfolio on Shutterfly. 
    Gracies_Garden@yahoo.com 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone  I need that advice!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pamtasiapamtasia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the bridal shower, instead of a cocktail party, what about a wine tasting party?  check out Deena Bryant http://wineshopathome.com/deenabryant
    she does great wine tasting parties, and can also do custom label wine bottles with the couple's photos and wedding date on label. A great unique way to do a wine bridal shower!
  • edited December 2011
    I also specialize in silk wedding flowers and operate soley out of my home.  Silk flowers can save you tons of money on flowers.  You can also get real touch flowers that looks and feels the same as real.

http://www.lmchomemadecrafts.com/weddingflowerstart.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards