Wedding Reception Forum

Small wedding reception

I posted awhile back, but have a new question since we may change up ideas. We are thinking about just having 25 people, immediate family and closest friends, at a local upscale restaurant, with the ceremony and apps/drinks on the patio,  then dinner and cake in a private room. They have a fire pit on the patio that we could use for smores and mingling after.  We would just have an ipod playing background music during dinner. Do you think that would be ok, that people wouldn't get bored? (Most would know each other). I don't know if we should think of activities or something, or just count on the fact that everyone is an adult and there would be good food and wine and they can chat and socialize!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Small wedding reception

• I don't think people would get bored at all, and what you have planned sounds fun. Like you said in your last sentence, adults know how to chat and socialize on their own without activities.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • This is quite similar to what we did!  We didn't even have background music - just a four course dinner, open bar, and lots of conversation.  Everyone had a great time.  My favorite portion of a wedding reception is the dinner anyway.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I think it sounds lovely and whenever I hear about a wedding like this, I am always envious, as it was my original idea.  If DH's parents hadn't paid for our wedding, it's exactly what we would have done.
  • That sounds very lovely and sophisticated.  That's originally what I wanted, but I was completely out voted by FI and our families.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sounds wonderful! Very personal and intimate. Best of luck with your planning!
  • I think that sounds lovely.  I'm wishing now that we had planned something along those lines, as opposed to this massive affair that seems to have taken on a life of its own, LOL.

We were at a resort in Vero Beach having drinks outside and there was a wedding going on much like what you're describing.  It was really lovely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards