African American Weddings

Trunk shows?

Anyone know anything about trunk shows and why are the dresses so cheap?? Here's my reason for asking. Sigh....Ok so I already have my dress hanging in my moms closet. My FSIL sends me a picture of a dress last Friday of a girl in a gorgeous dress. Well a girl that works with her is selling the dress because they had to call the wedding off. I have been debating all week about what o want to do. I really love my dressbut this dress is very pretty and actually It's more "ME" So I call the girl and she says the dress is a Mori Lee and she got it for 500.00 at a trunk show. I been researching the gown and I don't see it on the site but that doesn't mean anything. I'm just skep about it. For all I know she could had ordered it off the internet from a knockoff site. She said she will see it for 350.00. I'm.supposed to be meeting her this weekend to check it out and try it on. My MOH told me to leave it alone. Idk. Do trunk show dresses sell for that cheap? If they do, why do they be that cheap. Help me ladies....what should I do. I'm so confused right now.
Mrs. Mosley 2 be

Re: Trunk shows?

• It appears trucks shows are about designers showing off their new lines and testing what will sell in stores for the upcoming season, but not really a discount for those that buy at the shows. Ive received emails, however, about discounts at truck shows espeically at salons tryign to get rid of things from 2-3 season ago. I would say there is nothing wrong is looking at the dress and if you like it, negotiate. I would also suggest inspecting the hell out of it and inquiring if she received any alternations. Also, maybe call pearl's place and see if they have a price on it just for reference. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    What Key said. Since you are going to see it in person I would first find the EXACT dress at a salon so you can compare the certificate of authenticity, tags, etc. Some trunk shows are actually in that range and they do often sell hundreds below the retail. You need to know the original price to know how to proceed
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I actually bought my gown at a salon trunk show and it was hundreds off the regular price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards