Sports Weddings

any baseball team ideas?

Hey everyone - I'm new here but my fiance and I are HUGE detroit tigers fans we got engaged at a tigers game so I would love to incorporate that into the reception without  it being TOO much.  My colors are black & white with a little bit of purple (not tigers colors) but I was hoping some of you had things you did/plan on doing to incorporate sports into the wedding in small ways. 

I already found a website where I can get a garter of the detroit tigers so that's been my only idea so far! Thanks!
August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
Photobucket

Re: any baseball team ideas?

• Welcome and congrats!!!

Fi and I are avid Red Sox fans so we are going to incorporate that where we can and where it can still be craetive, yet classy.

For example our Save the Dates are replica Red Sox tickets with all of our information for our wedding and our picture...

Our guest book will be a Red Sox Jersey with FI's last name (obvi my future last name) and the # is our wedding date, and guests can sign that!!!

Our cake topper is a bride up at bat and the groom is pitching...

garter is Red Sox - my mom is making it...

Flowers for the guys... real baseball roses. AWESOME

and finally I think I'm going to throw a groom's cake in there for FI... probably a replica Fenway Park.

Good Luck...!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where did you find the cake topper?
  • I found it on magicmud.com they make any cake topper you want
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am risking my baseball allegience by admitting this because I am a die hard Yankee Fan, but I LOVE your Save the Date as a Red Sox ticket idea!! Are you making them yourself, or were you able to order them from somewhere? If you ordered them, please let me know where!

I think we can put aside our baseball differences and just consider ourselves baseball loving brides-to-be for the moment, right?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_sports-weddings_baseball-team-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:672Discussion:e9160b97-c62e-4053-a725-c488bd09a2ddPost:e4f8ad09-4efb-4675-a467-1f2acdbb7b4c">Re: any baseball team ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am risking my baseball allegience by admitting this because I am a die hard Yankee Fan, but I LOVE your Save the Date as a Red Sox ticket idea!! Are you making them yourself, or were you able to order them from somewhere? If you ordered them, please let me know where! I think we can put aside our baseball differences and just consider ourselves baseball loving brides-to-be for the moment, right?!
    Posted by jessilena22[/QUOTE]

I just noticed this post!!!  I suppose we can get past the fact that the Yankees (ugh)are your #1 team...!! it makes for a more interesting debate!.. We made them ourselves!!! They are super easy to make and came out great!!! I will post pictures soon!! Sorry! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are also doing a baseball themed wedding but want to toe the line between classy wedding and 13 year old birthday haha.  We are actually getting married at Citizen's Bank Park (the Phillies Stadium) so we are doing hints of baseball as to not go over board.  I do some graphic design at work so I ended up making our save the dates and incorporated the phillies 2011 schedule(see below).  We are also using the ticket idea but using them as seating place cards. We also plan on having cracker jacks and popcorn available during the ceremony for people to nosh on while waiting for everything to get started.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards