California-Los Angeles

Engraving Recs

Hi Ladies,
I was wondering if any of you know where we can get things engraved at a good price. I thought of Things Remembered but they seem expensive and I am not sure if they will engrave things that they do not sell. We wanted to get our toasting flutes and cake/knife serving set engraved. Thanks in advance ladies!!

Re: Engraving Recs

• edited December 2011
    There is a booth down in the Eagle Rock Mall, that I was planning on taking my cake cutter to--if I find the time.  I don't know how much they charge, but they are a local vendor and not a chain--so I'd rather give my money to them.

I don't think they do glass though.  I was sort of kicking around the idea of bringing a memory key with our primary stationery font so they could do it in that if they let me hook it up.

I am still looking for a good ring engraver.
  • edited December 2011
    Things Remembered will engrave even if you DON'T buy from them. But I've heard it was SUPER expensive like someone bought their boss $10 wine glasses and the engraving was like $50 or $60...come on..hella crazy!

As for a rec I can't help since I really have no clue but stay away from things remembered toooooo expensive!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Things Remembered is very expensive and whatever you give them to engrave (if it's purchased from another store) cannot be over $100.  I think you have to bring in the receipt.  

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

This is a great post - cause I need my toasting flutes engraved too.  I do know that Crystal Factory in Buena Park (OC) does engraving - they do a great job too.  An OC knottie referred them to me - I loved the way her's looked.  I called them and they told me it would cost 30.00 and I didn't think that was bad.  I went down there a few weeks ago on a Saturday and then I found out that the people who do the engraving are there only M-F.  So I haven't had a chance to get back down there to get it done. 

I swear I went by Things Remembered last week and just asked them how much to do engraving and the guy told me it would cost me 16.00 to do my name and another 9.00 for the date per glass - so that is like 25.00 per glass not including tax.

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Things Remembered is SUPER expensive! I bought a $14 picture frame and the engraving cost me like $40.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards