New York-Long Island

Finally found a unique place!

Just booked the Bourne Mansion!!! So excited!!

Re: Finally found a unique place!

• edited December 2011
    beautiful venue. love the bourne mansion.

• edited December 2011
    Yes, it's so beautiful. Have you ever been there for a wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I have been there many times (as a photographer). When I was thinking of getting married on Long Island, I looked there since I love it so much. I ended up getting married in Maine (22 days ago).
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    been to 2 weddings there. one was awful one was ok. they do a lot of weddings there. hope it's great :)

• edited December 2011
    Why was the one awful??? Oh no!!!! Did anyone ever have an issue with mosquitoes outside there?
  • edited December 2011
    Ams photo do you remember there being any problems with mosquitoes?
  • edited December 2011
    And congratulations ams photo!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_finally-found-unique-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:a3f809d9-f24d-4a51-8c3e-263b3ea35456Post:494ff78c-fbb3-4035-b7aa-8c96944ca49c">Re: Finally found a unique place!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why was the one awful??? Oh no!!!! Did anyone ever have an issue with mosquitoes outside there?
    Posted by Kmd430[/QUOTE]
    It was a buffet. the tables for theb uffet were in a hallway area-not in the oddly shaped (T or L) room where the reception was. Service was bad, food wasn't good, overall a bad experience. The hallway was crowded and to get to and from the room where the reception was held we had to walk down this long dark ugly hallway where they made a makeshift coat check room (and this wasn't a surprise it was cold-it was new years eve. just totally turned me off to the place.
    But the other wedding that i went to there was somewhat better. service was still off, food was better, it was served, not buffet. It was in a dfferent room with a small area for the bar and then the outside area.

• edited December 2011
    Oh there is only one grand ballroom That dinner would be served in if sit down. you sure you have the right place? The old organ is in the ballroom no L shaped room and then the outside rooms(library and about three other rooms) and there is an outside area.they have two bars inside and one outside. There's no actual hallway that would be crowded with all those rooms available to move about in. Just curious if we have same place.
    edited December 2011

yes we do.
    i'm not sure what shape exactly the other room was but it wasn't square. i was seated by the entrance (there was a hallway right outside with the stair case) so i didnt' make it over to the other side but i did have family members complain because they couldn't see anythng as they were in the corners.
    yes-there IS a hallway that goes from one room to near the parking lot area. i know it because I walked down it :)
    i guess the wedding that was good was in the grand ballroom. it was a nice room if i remember correctly there's a fireplace at one end-opposite of the door.

• edited December 2011
    I've been to a friend's wedding there. It's GORGEOUS. Congrats, you're wedding is going to be beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards