Honeymoon Discussions

Kauai was Amazing!!

We had so much fun!  I can’t think of anything negative about our entire trip.  I wanted to share our experience in case any of you are considering Kauai.

We stayed at the Grant Hyatt in Kauai.  The resort is beautiful!!  Every room has beautiful views.  The hotel is open and luxurious.  The staff was awesome!  Breakfast buffet was enough to hold us over until dinner time.  We tried Tidepools…it was good.  Donderos (Italian) was overpriced, but still good.

Because the travel agency let them know we were on our honeymoon, there was a bottle of champagne waiting in our room.  They also gave us a voucher for a free dessert at one of their restaurants. 

The one unexpected sight: Feral Chickens.  They are everywhere!!

We did so much while we were there:

·         Day Tour to Pearl Harbor – If you love history, take a day and go over to Oahu.  The flight was quick, but the day was really long.  The memorials/museums were amazing and we were able to shop around Honolulu for a little while.  We also went over to see Waikiki Beach while we were there.  I have to say we were exhausted the next day, but it was worth it once.

·         Paddle boarding – We went to paddle boarding lessons at Kauai Surf School.  We were there for about 2 hours.  It was so much fun.  We both got the hang of it after about 20 tries (lol) and were able to enjoy ourselves.  Its great exercise!

·         Couples massage – Wherever you go, and whatever you have planned, make time for a massage while you are on your honeymoon.  There is nothing more relaxing than a massage after all the wedding stress.  We did the Lokahi Couples Massage at the Grand Hyatt Spa…we didn’t want to leave.

·         Grand Hyatt Luau – It was great!  I was skeptical because of a few negative reviews I saw on Travelocity, however we loved it.  There were about 300 people (give or take), but there was plenty of food/drinks for everyone.  The show featured many different luau styles, including a fire dancer.  We met some really great people during the show.

·         Trek Nui Loa Zip Line – Wow.  The views from this tour were awesome.  I am afraid of heights, and there were some parts of the tour that I was scared (1800’ zip), but once I let go and went with things I had so much fun.  There aren’t words to describe the feeling of flying over the tree tops and looking at the mountains.  We had three tour guides (all ladies) from Outfitters Kauai and we had a great time.  They were very cautious and took extreme safety measures.  The fact that they did this made me feel so much safer.  Definitely wear your swim suit under your clothes, because after a day of hiking/climbing you will be ready to jump in the water at the end of the tour.  And bring bug spray (they have small bottles available when you get there)  **Tip: Wear longer shorts.  One lady on our tour wore really short shorts and she wasn’t comfortable at all.

·         Jack Harter Helicopter Tour – 80% of the island is not reachable by car, so the helicopter tour allowed us to see everything.  We went all the way around the island.  We saw waterfalls, went inside a dormant volcano, had a really great guide giving us the history of the island.  It was worth the money.

·         Dinner cruise to Napali Coast – We used Holoholo Charters (this was a gift given to us by one of our wedding guests) – the cruise was so nice.  The dinner they served was great.  The drinks were included and the pictures we along the coast are beautiful!

·         We also took some time to see Spouting Horn and Waimea Canyon.  Both were nice to see.

We booked our trip through Elite Travel (I hadn’t ever used a travel agent before) and they got us upgraded to a better room, a free pool side cabana, $100 resort credit, and daily breakfast included.  Breakfast at the resort would have cost us about $70 per day, so we save a lot by having that.

We rented a car, and drove all over the place.  We only used ½ a tank of gas.

Our honeymoon was everything we wanted it to be.  I hope yours is too!

Re: Kauai was Amazing!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards