April 2013 Weddings
Options

Postage?

Are any of you ladies getting the fancy postage for your STDs/invitations? Zazzle has a TON of super cute postage to match pretty much any theme imaginable. However, the cheapest I have found that I like from their website is about $18/book. If I go this route, it will literally cost more for the postage to send out STDs than it did for the actual STDs. I'm not sure if I can justify spending this much on postage when people are just going to throw away the envelope (same reason I can't justify a calligrapher to address them). 

I have only been to a few weddings, but I remember that they had nice postage on them. Would it be okay to just used regular postage to send out all the wedding stationary, or should I just suck it up and get the pretty postage?

Thoughts/opinions? What did you do/ are you planning to do? I want to send out my STDs around mid-August, so I should probably make a decision soon.
135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 23
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses

Re: Postage?

• Options
    You can get wedding postage at the post office for face value. 

Also, with zazzle - sign up for thier emails - they sometimes send out discounts. Thats what i did. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Thanks for the input :) 

There are very few options from the post office for wedding themes stamps at face value (I only saw 2, this and this.) I guess either of those 2 will be better than American flag stamps :)

I will sign up for emails from Zazzle. I'm also keeping a lookout for a Zazzle groupon. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Options
    I did my postage and invites through Zazzle. They turned out great! Like pp said, they always have deals and sales going on. I saved a lot of money using their sales and discounts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just sent out my save the dates and used postage from the USPS that had white roses on them.  Not really my style but it was the closest wedding theme they had available.  I thought they would have had more.  But, I wanted to get my STD's out since I was so excited so I just went with it!  

I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got postage from USPS. "Love" ones for the STDs and the wedding ones for the invites.  My reasoning is that they were forever stamps and I didn't know if there would be another postage rate increase before the wedding.  

Before I buy anything online I go on retailmenot.com  They always have coupon codes.  I saved 60% on my Vista Print order.  (I am doing Wedding Mad libs instead of a guest book)   Their coupons are sometimes better than groupon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I am thinking that I'll probably go with the "LOVE" ones in red from the post office.  Honestly, at the end of the day, do I really give a poop about what stamps I used?  Nope.  I do not.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Options
    We're using the "wedding roses" from the post office. I bought them back before the 1cent increase to save us a few dollars. We're going to be using white and pink roses, so they will go nicely. Most people will throw out the envelopes, so I can't see spending more on custom postage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    I made postcard save the dates trying to do them as cheap as possible, only to find out that the only postcard stamps that USPS have are ones with a hawaiian shirt on them?!  Not exactly bridal....thats what I get for not looking into it first. 

I could have gone with the ones on zazzle or regular first class postage stamps but that defeated the purpose of doing the postcards.  While I'm not thriled by it, I bought the goofy postcard stamps and used them.  The main save the date image and info is on the opposite side of the card from the stamp so I decided not to get bent out of shape over it.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards