Michigan-Grand Rapids

ceremony location cost

I'm curious...

How much did your ceremony location cost you?

My fiance and I are getting married in Grand Rapids on 8-10-12. I've been looking at churches, B&B's, other unique venues (like St. Cecila's and Wealthy St. Theater), and some outside sites (Ah-Nab-Awen, Rosa Parks Circle). EVERY single place I've called costs AT LEAST $500, and that is just the rental fee.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of any place in or immediately around GR that is a little cheaper than $500?

Our guest list is between 200-215, but we have talked about having an "intimate ceremony" and only inviting our immediate family and close friends (this list is around 100 people).

Thanks in advance!

Re: ceremony location cost

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married in FIL's church in hudsonville, even as members we are paying $200. You say wedding and everyone jacks up their prices!! Ugh. Have you checked into Riverside Park?? I had some friends rent a pavilions there for their whole wedding. There are some really pretty areas around the park and it is right on the river.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a "don't use" reccomendation: Point of Grace Chapel. Their fees are less, but not worth working with. :(

Some golf courses include a lesser ceremony fee if you use their site for your reception too.

Usually if you keep your ceremony and reception in the same local it can be a lot less.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards