Hawaii

Royal wedding thoughts...

Maybe it's the product of being a DW bride, but seeing the photos just didn't do anything for me.  Kate's dress was gorgeous and about as fabulous as you could have for a wedding like that.  But it just made me so thankful that we were able to have our wedding the way *we* wanted it -- free of required traditional elements, in a venue we chose, and smiling only for those we truly wanted there.

Anyone else feel similarly?  Or not?

FWIW, I thought she looked gorgeous with an understated elegance.  The tiara was a bit much to me, and my favorite part was her poor sister who had to stand 9 feet back due to the train length, LOL.  Also, Pippa's dress was stunning from the back imo.

Re: Royal wedding thoughts...

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been able to see much but a few pictures, but honestly the wedding left me more envious of whoever gets to marry Price Harry! He just seems like such a fun character, and I think he's cuter than William as well.  But anyway....
    Kate was beautiful, her dress was perfect for the venue and the fact she is marrying a prince, and I just think everything was perfect - for them.  Much like you, I am glad that we will be marrying in front of a crowd of 48 by the Pacific Ocean rather than in front of millions having to follow all kinds of procedures and rules.  While it was all fabulous, our wedding will be fabulous and perfect for us! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_royal-wedding-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:021c6583-f1a8-4164-9c28-d910d7b6629aPost:bb8d6cb2-7180-4d67-9879-1504267e03de">Royal wedding thoughts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe it's the product of being a DW bride, but seeing the photos just didn't do anything for me.  Kate's dress was gorgeous and about as fabulous as you could have for a wedding like that.  But it just made me so thankful that we were able to have our wedding the way *we* wanted it -- <strong>free of required traditional elements,</strong> in a venue we chose, and smiling only for those we truly wanted there. Anyone else feel similarly?  Or not? FWIW, I thought she looked gorgeous with an understated elegance.  The tiara was a bit much to me, and my favorite part was her poor sister who had to stand 9 feet back due to the train length, LOL.  Also, Pippa's dress was stunning from the back imo.
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly this. I not religious and I hope not to offend anyone by saying this, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how much religious hub bub and prayer there was. It was neverending. The ceremony was WAY too long for my taste. I'm happy to be getting married somewhere beautiful to the man of my dreams in a dress that looks more like Pippa's than Catherine's because that's the way we wanted to do it and we can.</div><div>
    </div><div>However, she was incredibly beautiful and while I did giggle at some of the silly traditions I did enjoy watching a real fairy tale wedding.</div><div>
    </div><div>My favorite part was that they did keep looking at each other and smiling the whole time. They're very clearly in love. From what I hear about Diana and Charles' wedding they rarely looked in each others' direction. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I thought it was a gorgeous wedding. It's not what we wanted for ourselves, but that hardly seems relevant, you know? We weren't the royal couple getting married! I think the whole thing really captured the couple well. Elegant, classy and as intimate as it could have been given the two people getting married.

I thought the religious elements were fascianting. We don't get to see ceremonies like that very often (high Anglican), and I thought the sermon was lovely as was the music. We did a very simple religious service, so obviously, I prefer a traditional service. I like the idea of saying the same thing that my parents did, that my grandparents did. So, you know, no eye rolls from this corner of the room. Smile

I got all teary eyed by the way they looked at each other. They are very clearly in love, and it was SO different from Charles and Diana's wedding. More than anything, I really hope for the best for their marriage. They have a lot of expectations riding on their shoulders, and that's got to be hard to have millions of people judging you at every turn.
  • breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_royal-wedding-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:021c6583-f1a8-4164-9c28-d910d7b6629aPost:e685b0b1-c400-4e8e-9491-1832fb2f4118">Re: Royal wedding thoughts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have a lot of expectations riding on their shoulders, and that's got to be hard to have millions of people judging you at every turn.
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

<div>SO true.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    If I ran in the same circle of royalty and rich people, the wedding may have thrilled me.  For me it was just really nice to see how happy they looked.  Definately not my style for my own wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards