Christian Weddings

Yay for a friend, but boo for the result!!

I just found out that one of my good friends was accepted to a summer opera program in North Carolina!  She's got such a beautiful voice, and after her tough year of teaching, she certainly deserves this!  Unfortunately, the program starts the Monday before my wedding, and she was supposed to sing a duet at the ceremony!!  Oh noooo!!!!  She's going to call the program and ask if she can start late so she can sing.  I really hope she'll be able to find some way to sing, the day just wouldn't be the same without her!  And if she can't, then I need to find someone who can learn the song in time.

Oh the joys of planning...

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: Yay for a friend, but boo for the result!!

• kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so exciting and wonderful for her! I hope they will understand and you can enjoy the day together
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome for your friend. I hope the program understands.

Edit: Spelling of awesome. I really need to go to bed....too much Chemistry for one day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yay for friend! Boo for you!

I had a singer drop out on me...he was supposed to sing a duet with my MOH (both have AMAZING voices). But had a similar issue - he's in grad school as a performance major and realized he had a school-related performance that weekend. Thankfully, another one of our musically-inclined friends was available and is singing with my MOH. Phew.

Hope it all works out for you!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aw awesomely awesome for her!!  Definitely awesome and boo for you though.  :(  I'm sure it'll all work out!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, too bad.  That opera workshop is FANTASTIC -- I know several people who have participated in it over the years and they just rave and rave about how great it is.  :-)

I guess you could hit your school of music buddies to find someone else?  Sorry about the stress, though ... it stinks to have to go and find someone else after you thought it was checked off the list. :-/ 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    That is such a wonderful opportunity for her! One of my best friends who is a BM in my wedding and singing in my wedding is performing on a Disney cruise ship right now. Thankfully, she will be back soon and be able to be in and sing at my wedding. I am sorry your friend may not be able to make it to your wedding. I hope they allow her to begin late! If not, I'm sure you will find someone. I know it's not the same, though. I'll say a prayer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards