Moms and Maids

MIL and SIL inssues

Hi Ladies as my wedding date approaches my future MIL and SIL (which is in the wedding) are being very clingy to my FI whenever we are around they act like he is the best thing but rarely ever ask about the wedding or have never shown any enthuthiasm whatesoever about the wedding.  They barely acknowledge me but my future MIL had to express her opinion about me putting her daughters in our wedding.  I feel there is a certain awkwardness and wish would ask how my wedding planning is going or show some excitement..any advice??

Re: MIL and SIL inssues

• You can't force people to be enthusiastic about your wedding. Just carry on and don't worry about it. I know that's easier said than done, but there really isn't a whole lot you can do.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited February 2013
    Join in on the praise she heaps upon her beloved son. When she brags about how great he is, agree with her. Tell her she did a great job raising such a wonderful, thoughtful, intelligent, hard working son. Keep the compliments coming. Ask her questions about his childhood. She might start to think of you as the FDIL of her dreams.

When you feel more comfortable with FMIL, you could ask her about her own wedding and her famliy's traditions. If she still doesn't show any interest in your wedding, drop it. Share your excitement with those who are more interested in your wedding plans.

• I usually don't talk about the wedding unless someone else asks or brings it up.  I don't want people to think it's the only thing I can talk about now.  I know it's probably on your mind allll the time, but some people just aren't as interested in it.  I agree with the PPs about askng your MIL questions, and asking about her family's wedding traditions.
  • Thank you ladies for the positive feedback : ).  Much needed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards