Wisconsin

Cakes By Stephanie

Hi,
Have any of you ladies used her for your wedding? I have heard some positive and some negative about her. What flavor cakes did you go with and how was it?
Any information is appreciated.
Thanks In Advance

Re: Cakes By Stephanie

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tasted some of her flavors at a bridal show.  The red velvet was very good.  We ended up going with Le Cakery instead. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Cakes by Ann.  I wasn't crazy about Stephanie's cakes. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh, I was all set to go with Cakes by Ann after we tasted her samples at a bridal show, but when we went in for the consultation she was so rude to us! I don't even know why, we didn't do anything! We went with my parents (who are paying! This can't be that uncommon!) and she was upset that we brought so many people. Then every question I asked she answered in this tone of voice like I was stupid and the answer was common knowledge (to her maybe, but I've never bought a wedding cake before!) Then I would ask if she could do different things with the cake, fully expecting them to cost more, as they were things like premium fillings and such and she would scoff at me and say rudely "not for FREE!" I never mentioned wanting it for free! She kept telling us what was cheapest, like we couldn't afford anything better (we ended up getting a cake somewhere else for $200 MORE than she quoted us). To top it all off, FI is lactose intolerant, as is my MOH, and a few of my other friends too. So I asked about the possibility of a lactose-free cake and she said very curtly, and I quote "No, he'll just have to take a pill that day" We were completely put off and left.

I really hope you have a better experience with her!

I can't rave enough about the bakery we ended up going with though! They're a bit more expensive, but the wedding person is so great to work with! The tasting was so cool and the shop itself is just too adorable! It's the best cake I've ever eaten (and believe me, I've eaten some cake!) It's in Illinois but it's only like 20 mins from the WI border, so if you're getting married in the Kenosha area I totally reccomend Lovin' Oven Cakery!

(I'm not a vendor, I promise! Just love my cake!)
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Cakes by Stephanie - we are doing a white cake with strawberry filling and butter cream frosting. IT was sooooo delicious! Her prices beat anyones and she was very nice to us on our consultation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for the information. I have an appointment with Stephanie in a couple weeks. I will be sure to try the white cake with strawberry and red velvet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards