Wedding Etiquette Forum

S/O Poll: First Post

Do you remember your first post?

1) What was your first post ever?

2) If your first post was your own thread, whose thread do you remember posting in first and what was it about?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: S/O Poll: First Post

• I don't remember.
    I don't remember.
    I don't remember.

I do remember the first time Lala said something nice to me though. That was during the time when the plus size brides board scandal was upon us.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I don't remember ANY of this, but I'm sure it was all pretty newbish in the beginning.
  • edited November 2009
    I don't remember my first post. But I remember my first page, it was from Fische because I had sharks (fish) in my sig ♥
  • edited November 2009
    1) What was your first post ever? I created a thread to ask about an engagement party that my sister was throwing for me. She wanted to have a cash bar and it felt wrong to me, so I posted to get advice on the situation. I distinctly remember Tide giving me excellent advice.

2) If your first post was your own thread, whose thread do you remember posting in first and what was it about? I'm embarrassed about it now, but it was in a thread that was an argument between P2 and E. I didn't understand the board dynamics at all and made a fool of myself. Then, I lurked for a bit and figured it out.
  • I don't remember, that was 3 years ago.
  • You were paging me through your sig, Vally. you know it.

The Margarita Evolution
  • edited November 2009
    On P&E, my first post was within a thread about the Niner board, and I was trying to say that there were a few of us there who were not crazy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-first-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe64d1bf-f345-46a2-aa2d-887203f9f970Post:610a3649-9ceb-42ef-ac3d-bd56dba02eba">Re: S/O Poll: First Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't remember my first post. But I remember my first page, it was from Fische because I had sharks (fish) in my sig ♥
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh memories and Shark week!
  • Yes I remember it.

It was on Wedding Woes and I got my a$$ handed to me.

It was about how my mother was kirking out on me for wanting to have a bridesman and people told me that she could do what she wanted because she was paying.

I still don't quite see how because she was paying gave her the right to pick my bridal party, but it taught me to lurk because I didn't first. I probably did sound a bit beebee-ish in my OP though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't remember my first post, but on the AFSB board their was the Spongebob Squarepants debate, where I distinctly remember someone telling me to "Fuuck off and die."  So, there's that.
  • edited November 2009
    Ah, I was wondering if it might be too long ago for some of you. Okay, I'll go:

1) What was your first post ever? My first post was in my own thread, and was about how to have only family and WP kids at the wedding. I remember Tide replied (helpful) and Daff (snarky). Thankfully I did NOT get my azz handed to me... must have been an off day on P&E.

2) If your first post was your own thread, whose thread do you remember posting in first and what was it about? Whit's thread about her crappy BM who had just bought a new car, etc., but couldn't "afford" her very affordable BM dress on eBay.

Yeah, I have a weird memory like that.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I don't know if it was actually my first post ever, but the first one I remember is a thread I started complaining about having a Catholic wedding. I got ripped a new one. I'm still not 100% happy we had a Catholic ceremony, it was my compromise with DH, but I was pretty darn rude about that particular religious denomination because of all the rules :) Oops. Sorry again in case anyone remembers.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Ugh, my first post was on my local and they were no help whatsoever.  I asked if anyone had worked with my favored venue b/c I had heard a rumor from a different vendor.  All they were saying was like "any rumors from competing vendors should be taken with a grain of salt" blah blah.  That's not fucking helpful at all, obviously I know this. 
  •  "Fuuck off and die."

This made me laugh and cry at the same time.
  • I remember answering a post of Fishy's, and then her saying she'd never seen me post here before :) I thought, "but, but, but.....!!!"

I remember posting my own first thread, but I don't recall what the subject was.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Oooppppyyy...sorry, Missy. ;) I'm not the most observant of people, you can ask my mom.

she painted my room from pink to green one day and I didn't notice.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I don't remember my very first post.  The first post I remember, the OP was saying she was protestant and her FI was Catholic, and she wanted advice on where to get married.  Bellhurstbride, who I am now very good friends with, said I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about.  So I went into lurkdom for a few weeks and came back with a new SN.
  • I'm surprised that some of you got flamed in the beginning... you seem really savvy. Boy, I really did luck out.

• I don't remember what board it was on (nuptual nightmares maybe?), but it was a question about how to exclude 1 child from a family and not the other children. I got (gasp!) validated in my desire to exclude one particular nephew of mine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-first-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe64d1bf-f345-46a2-aa2d-887203f9f970Post:b95dfe14-e287-4691-8019-877167e572fb">Re: S/O Poll: First Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I remember it. It was on Wedding Woes and I got my a$$ handed to me. It was about how my mother was kirking out on me for wanting to have a bridesman and people told me that she could do what she wanted because she was paying. I still don't quite see how because she was paying gave her the right to pick my bridal party, but it taught me to lurk because I didn't first. I probably did sound a bit beebee-ish in my OP though.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Wait, seriously?  The person who pays has veto power over the bridal power?  I think that is taking it too far.  Sure they get a say over location & menu, but they can't say who your closest friends are.

The first post I remember was a thread started by a girl from Texas who wanted a vegetarian reception.  I was in the minority on that fight, but I still stuck around.   
  • bbycks - cacoff.........how does a spong bod post lead to anyone saying fuuuck off and die? 
  • Do you remember the BK commercial, "I like square butts" using the old Sir Mix-A-Lot song, well, I thought it was funny.  The majority disagreed with me.  I found out that I was a horrible parent who thought it was okay to present sexually indecent material to children.  Hence, the eff off and die comment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-first-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe64d1bf-f345-46a2-aa2d-887203f9f970Post:91991f7c-01f8-4c47-acf5-85619afff8d2">Re: S/O Poll: First Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you remember the BK commercial, "I like square butts" using the old Sir Mix-A-Lot song, well, I thought it was funny.  The majority disagreed with me.  I found out that I was a horrible parent who thought it was okay to present sexually indecent material to children.  Hence, the eff off and die comment.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

Oh, well that makes sense then. You should be ashamed of yourself. I feel sorry for your FI and kids.

• First post was a wording question.  Everyone was very helpful, I specifically remember Dani writing a kind suggestion.

One of the first times I got involved with a thread was a poll amoro started and she flamed the piss out of me because I referred to Europe as a "place."  It's all good though :)
  • My first post was asking how to politely ask guests not to use flash photography at the wedding ceremony and reception, because my little sister/MOH has epilepsy.

I don't remember what thread I first posted in that was not mine.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I remember when SaltyP got here because we had a rap battle. 
  • 1) What was your first post ever?  I'm not sure about that.

2) If your first post was your own thread, whose thread do you remember posting in first and what was it about?  My first thread was on my month board.  I posted about school related things and weddings.  I got flamed big time because I wanted an opinion about taking a semester off to get married (we run 8 weeks so it wasn't TOO big of a deal).  It did get some honest opinions, but I was treated a little like an idiot because "getting married isn't nearly as important as school"  I sort of resented that statement because I didn't think it rang true for every person.  But whatever, I did end up taking their advice anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't have a clue about my first actual post.  But, I had been on here & WeddingChannel's message boards back in 02-03 when I was previously engaged, so I had a better idea of lurkdom & such.

My first OP was a page to Dani asking about her officiant's web page.  It was pretty innocuous, and she was quite helpful.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2009
    My first thread was about wearing my mom's wedding dress to her 40th anniversary renewal in Vegas with Elvis.  My sister and I thought it would be fun, but a lot of ladies here thought it was horrible.  I remember BGB calling me an AW. 

I ended up wearing it and my mom (and dad) loved it.  Since the other girls were doing a 1960's thing it really worked out.  It was really short though!  How my mom wore it at 6' tall is beyond me...

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards