Michigan-Detroit

outdoor wedding venues in metro detroit??

Looking for ideas of an outdoor wedding location in the metro Detroit area.  We don't want to spend a lot of $$.  Anyone have any ideas they can share? 

Re: outdoor wedding venues in metro detroit??

• lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum in Ann Arbor is really beautiful, though not exactly metro Detroit.

Also, it might be a little far for you but Waldenwoods is fabulous, but I'm a little biased because I chose that as my location as well :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, missed the $$ part - Waldenwoods is on the pricey side (we had to go with a Sunday wedding to cut costs). But I think the other one I mentioned is reasonably priced though you have to find your own caterer (and in that case I'd recommend Angel Food in Ann arbor).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

It would help to know what you consider pricey, as well as how many people you are having. Some venues have limits. Also, I checked your bio and see you are planning on getting married the end of September 2011.

We are using the chapel and Alexander Blue House at Greenmead Historic village in Livonia, at 8 Mile and Newburg Rd. They have lovely gardens, historic homes. Our cost ($1000) is for the chapel and building; I don't know what they charge for all outdoor use of other parts of the village. I went with them because our wedding is 8/27/11 and I wanted an indoor option should the weather be inclement. However, our planned guest list is under their max capacity of 100 for both buildings. You have to contract with separate vendors for everything, but if you use their facilities you can rent tents, and use their tables/chairs and picnic tables. Below is a link to their website, and click the link on the left for "Newburg Intersection" to see the buildings.

We just took our engagement pics on the grounds Sunday. Their grounds have fabulous gardens, gazebos, old homes, lots of things we never saw when we booked the buildings.

http://www.ci.livonia.mi.us/tabid/187/Departments/Community%20Resources/Greenmead/Farm.aspx

There's also Beverly Park in Beverly Hills,MI. It's on Beverly Rd (I think about 13 1/2 Mile rd), just west of Southfield Rd.

http://www.villagebeverlyhills.com/pavilion.htm

I went to an outdoor ceremony there, they have a fabulous large pavilion.  I went to a ceremony there under the pavilion, the reception was elsewhere. But it looks large enough to accomodate tables and chairs up to 150+. The pavilion has a large stone wall fireplace at one end, plus nice restrooms instead of porta potties, LOL.

• edited December 2011
    Wahby Park in front of Blossom Heath in St. Clair Shores!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards