Florida-North Florida

Looking for a Unique Venue in Jax/St. Aug

I'm looking for a wedding venue that isn't the ordinary golf course or beach resort. Wondering if anyone in the Jacksonville or St. Augustine area has any ideas? Maybe something rustic/ country style or a mansion with a big lawn.

Re: Looking for a Unique Venue in Jax/St. Aug

• Did you check out Palm Valley Gardens? I also heard there is a new place in st aug but I'm not sure of the name. The River House is also nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Llambias House in St. Augustine
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens in Jacksonville. It is located on the St. Johns River and is absolutely gorgeous. Check it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ribault Club! An amazing space for photos and plenty of space for everything you will need.
  • I am getting married at Club Continental next month.  It is on the river.  Beautiful, old-Mediterranean style mansion with gorgeous lawns.  Ceremony site is under an enormous, old tree overlooking the river.  I live at the beach, but decided on CC for the beautiful backdrop for pictures.

• edited March 2012
    I'm using Serenata Beach Club. It's RIGHT on the beach.  It's not a resort it's a club. 

We had originally wanted the white room in downtown st augustine. It's definitely different. It can be expensive depending on when you want to get married. If you do a weekday or a non peak month it's much more affordable. But for the May wedding we wanted - not so much. ( minimum for us would have been $20,000)
  • We got married at the Embassy Suites on Baymeadows Rd.
  • edited March 2012
    Just got married at the white room in st augustine so wonderful!! Old 1800s building with beautiful original brick :)
  • Picalata Farms! It's a brand new wedding venue in St. Augustine! It's VERY rustic and very cute! They just started operating and they are offering a discount for brides who book with them and a special photo session with their horses there.  I would definitely have had mine there but we already have ours booked! :) It's just GORGEOUS! They are having an open house on Tuesday night from 5-7pm. The contact you need to talk to is Karen and her email is klm@picproductions.com or you can call her at 703-447-3577.  I have considered having my rehearsal there but it's just a bit pricey for me for a rehearsal.  Definitely check it out! :D

~Emily~
  • We are getting married at the Pena Peck House off st George street in St Augustine fl... It is a beautiful outdoor place... I connected well with all the volunteers there. They have great passion and love and it's awesome to work with.
  • I think you can get married at the St Augustine Lighthouse and there is also a Castle that I've seen people use for their ceremony. I think the name is castle Ottis or something like that.
  • I am getting married at the Jacksonville Zoo. I know it's not very rustic but it certainly is unique! I have had a great experience working with them so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards