Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ)

Hello! I am desperately looking for my dream wedding ceremony location and hope you can help! I would like to find an site that is wooded that can accommodate 150 people. The reception ( in my mind) would take place afterwards in a tent or a ballroom. Our preference is to have both of these spots together on one site but at this point wouldn't mind if there was a short distance between the two. I live right outside Philadelphia and would like to keep the drive about an hour and half away.

I have scoured the knot, partyspace & just simple google searches but am coming up short. We are shooting for a fall wedding, hence the need for some beautiful forest foliage.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ)

• Options
    I am getting married at the Morris arboretum in Chestnut Hill. It's wooded and the reception is under a tent. I can't wait. They are really good to work with as well.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options

Kings Mill, Aston PA
    http://www.kingsmills.net/

They have an amazing waterfall/foliage back drop! This was my 2nd choice!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Have you looked at Audubon or Tyler? Both on Partyspace!
  • Options
    I'd also check out Springton Manor Farm in Glenmoore, PA. There are lots of locations for ceremony you can have a tented reception.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks all for the input. Morris Arboretum was gorgeous but I didn't like their indoor option, plus the dance floor was a little small for the amount of guests were are going to have (~200). Tyler Arboretum had a great reception site but I didnt get the best imoression of the site contact there. I will definitely check out the other sites posted! Hopefully suggestions will keep coming!
  • Options
    I definitely second Ridley Creek State Park!  I'm getting married there in June, and it is so beautiful!  There are 2 areas where you could get married with 150 people in attendance - there's a small grassy area in the woods with a gazebo, and then there's the steps outside the mansion that is bordered by trees and gardens (where our ceremony is).  You pay one fee for 12 hours there, and you can pick your own caterer!  The reception is inside the mansion in a ballroom, but they also say in the contract that you can put up a tent outside if you want.  It sounds like exactly what you want!  It's in a state park so you can actually go there and check it out whenever you want, although Kevin (the state park ranger in charge of events) is awesome and will give you a really good tour.  Oh and the bridal suite is amazing!
  • Options
    Wow-thanks so much.  We visited Ridley Creek after our visit at Tyler Arboretum and it was gorgeous!  I don't think I ever contacted them because of the 150 ft capacity but now that you mentioned the tent outside I think that could work!!!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wooded-ceremony-sites-panj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c2edcba-a790-45c7-b053-8c73097bf5caPost:34e40b53-8114-43eb-88fd-f807efd9049f">Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I definitely second Ridley Creek State Park!  I'm getting married there in June, and it is so beautiful!  There are 2 areas where you could get married with 150 people in attendance - there's a small grassy area in the woods with a gazebo, and then there's the steps outside the mansion that is bordered by trees and gardens (where our ceremony is).  You pay one fee for 12 hours there, and you can pick your own caterer!  The reception is inside the mansion in a ballroom, but they also say in the contract that you can put up a tent outside if you want.  It sounds like exactly what you want!  It's in a state park so you can actually go there and check it out whenever you want, although Kevin (the state park ranger in charge of events) is awesome and will give you a really good tour.  Oh and the bridal suite is amazing!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Do you have an email address for the event coordinator at Ridley Creek?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wooded-ceremony-sites-panj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c2edcba-a790-45c7-b053-8c73097bf5caPost:c9c47039-6783-4194-9974-634024880976">Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow-thanks so much.  We visited Ridley Creek after our visit at Tyler Arboretum and it was gorgeous!  I don't think I ever contacted them because of the 150 ft capacity but now that you mentioned the tent outside I think that could work!!! In Response to Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ) :
    Posted by Pammy03[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wooded-ceremony-sites-panj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c2edcba-a790-45c7-b053-8c73097bf5caPost:809d2809-5c31-4cf8-bd96-c21687009991">Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have an email address for the event coordinator at Ridley Creek? In Response to Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ) :
    Posted by Pammy03[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm there used to be a whole website about the mansion, but it's not up anymore.  But I found this email address on the park website:</div><div>
    </div><div>ridleycreeksp@pa.gov</div><div>
    </div><div>I called them to set up a tour since they're pretty busy and he usually gives back to back tours on the weekends.  The number is 610-892-3900.  I hope you like it!</div>
  • Options
    Another vote for Springton Manor. Attended a wedding a few months ago there and it was beautiful. The old manor house was used for the reception and the staff were great!
  • Options
    Thanks Again!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wooded-ceremony-sites-panj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c2edcba-a790-45c7-b053-8c73097bf5caPost:dca82eff-18a5-4b71-a970-9b7f3bf00637">Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wooded Ceremony Sites (PA/NJ) : Hmm there used to be a whole website about the mansion, but it's not up anymore.  But I found this email address on the park website: ridleycreeksp@pa.gov I called them to set up a tour since they're pretty busy and he usually gives back to back tours on the weekends.  The number is 610-892-3900.  I hope you like it!
    Posted by KplusA[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Just an update...looks like we're back to square one. We just returned from our visit with the Ridley Creek Event Coordinator. A tent can be sent up in the tennis yard area for the ceremony & reception but because the grounds are a owned by the state-park alcohol is prohibited. The mansion itself has a liquor license hence able to serve for the wedding but the mansion can only realisticaly hold up to 150/160 people. Anyone have any other ideas for a wooded outdoor ceremony/reception place (reception in a tent or ballroom is acceptable) that can accommodate up to 200? Thanks!
  • Options
    http://romanceatridleycreek.blogspot.com (ok admit, it's my blog) and it is older photos from when I was looking at ridley for my wedding. It is a GORGEOUS venue. We ended up going elsewhere because our budget got seriously cut but it has some photos. Worth checking out. I'm sure the pricing is out of date by now though. I actually posted the stuff on blogger because I got tired of sending out all the photos I had to brides who asked about it. At the time the park rangers were hard to reach so everyone who went there or had weddings there was photo sharing w/up and coming brides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards