Massachusetts-Boston

Band Recommendation Needed

Hello,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a great band? Information about general price range would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!  

Re: Band Recommendation Needed

• edited December 2011
    Kahootz (saw them at my friend's wedding recently) is around $7,500 (9-person band) and Beantown Wedding Band is around $8,500 (10 person band) for 4 hours.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using the band Legit (8 piece band) for our wedding in June, and for 4.5 hours its $7,650
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had World Premier Band at our wedding and they were amazing!  We paid $6500 in 2009 for 4.5 hours.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_band-recommendation-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:57661314-d774-4c8a-89f5-d3ac96927fd9Post:0a379e01-cbdd-4534-bcea-1b32b9463a33">Re: Band Recommendation Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using the band Legit (8 piece band) for our wedding in June, and for 4.5 hours its $7,650
    Posted by KDough[/QUOTE]

We also used Legit for our wedding last year, booked them directly through the band versus using a management company, they were awesome - their website does not do them justice!

Our wedding was a Sunday night of a long weekend in February so the pricing was less than this...but most bands we looked at fell in the $5K to $10K range, which seemed to be the going rate...GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw District 21 perform this past weekend and they were great. I'm not sure how much they cost since I was just a guest. :)
  • edited December 2011
    we're using Brick Park.... $5600. We booked them after a friend raved about them and so we saw them at a show. They were awesome and gave us the 2011 rate even though our wedding isnt until next summer!
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Soul Revival and they were AWESOME.  They rocked our wedding and had the dance floor packed all night!  They also played my sister's wedding over the summer up in Western MA, they are so much fun.   www.soulrevivalband.com.   
    HTH
    Rose
  • edited December 2011
    We used Eye2Eye (through Wilson Stevens) at our wedding on August 6. They were unbelievable. We could not have asked for a better band to keep the dance floor packed. They were $6550 (8-member band). People are still talking about how much fun they had because of them.
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • MrsMack10612MrsMack10612 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!  We are using a band and I thought the price was high until see what y'all paid.

Not sure what kind of music you're looking for, but we're using Eight to the Bar - jazz, swing, R&B and they are $3000.

• edited December 2011
    Now and the Forevers are incredible! And my friend is paying like $3200 for them I believe!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think we're going to go with District 21. I'm still a little nervous about it since their website videos don't give the traditional shots of there performances. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards