Ohio-Columbus

Alan Ray Bridal Reveiw

Hello Ladies,

I have seen multiple posts with varying opinions of Alan Ray Bridal.  I ordered all of my Bridesmaids Dresses and my Wedding Gown from there.  The staff was nothing but helpful to me during this process.  The defining moment of my expereince was when I had a Bridesmaid back out of my wedding 1 month before.  My wedding is on July 3rd.  Alan and his staff worked with me and helped me greatly.  None the less I had to pick the dress up and pay the bridesmaid remaining balance.   The store held the dress and ensured it did not leave the store, because I had decided I wanted to purchase it.  The lady who I had speaking with hugged, me and was very apathertic to the situation.  For me that spoke volumes because they could have said this is not my problem.  I had been looking for  a Tiara and refused to pay 135.00.  Alan Ray told me they had some discontinued Tiara's in the back, and sold it to me for 50.00, and it was originally 150.00.  My experience with them was absolutley wonderful!  I just had to share that with everyone!  Happy planning ladies:-)

Re: Alan Ray Bridal Reveiw

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for that! There have been some wonderful and not so wonderful reviews posted here. I bought my gown from Alan Ray and absolutely love it. The sales lady that I worked with was absolutely wonderful in helping me find the dress of my dreams. She knew what worked well on my body type and knew about what I was looking for after talking to me for a few minutes.

In fact, I am getting married June 19 and will be picking up my dress from the alterations and bustle this Saturday. I am so excited and I am confident that it will fit perfectly. Alan really knows his stuff and even though he is a bit expensive, I trust him. And I am an out of state bride, so I didn't have time to run to a bunch of different seamstresses to get price quotes, etc the last time I was home.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not from out of state, but I live about an 2 hours away from where my family stays.  Alan Ray has been incredibly reliable during this whole entire process! I am a firm beleiver you get what you pay for! Good Luck and Congratualtions on your wedding!  I will be back down that way picking up my gown on June 19:-)
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree!  The staff was so helpful and Alan is really talented.  He does have a dry sense of humor which I think some people can take the wrong way, but if you go in with a good spirit, he will play off of your energy.  Nothing but good things to say!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_alan-ray-bridal-reveiw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:869911ab-9935-4bdc-9abc-103e4433a49aPost:43b4a01d-43bd-4aed-8813-ab1011b147b6">Re: Alan Ray Bridal Reveiw</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong> He does have a dry sense of humor which I think some people can take the wrong way, but if you go in with a good spirit, he will play off of your energy.  Nothing but good things to say!</strong>
    Posted by chemgal23[/QUOTE]

this is definitely true!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards