Wedding Reception Forum

What do you think of our centerpieces

The theme of our reception is Masquerade and our colors are black and red. What do you think of the centerpieces we put together? Too kitschy with the mask? (Please excuse the laundry in the background haha)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you think of our centerpieces

• beautiful!  As a guest it would be hard to restrain myself from playing with the mask.
  • Thank you. Hopefully they will just play with the masks we are providing for them to wear lol. I'm also considering hot gluing them to the flowers so that they can't be moved.
  • I love it! Perfect color choices! Red and black can be tacky, this is not.
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • Ooh! I love it!! =)  And I'm picky!
  • Love it!  Our colors are Red and Black, with a Red Rose Theme, its hard to find Red and Black themed Wedding Decor ideas without it having a 'goth' look.  I have similar centerpiece to this with the red floating candle, just a little different inside the glass.  Best wishes and happy planning!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Yay! I'm glad everyone is liking it. I really stressed about the centepieces. Thankfully my wonderful fiance came up with this idea. I was worried they were going to come off a little tacky, but apparently not. Thank you for the feed back everyone :)
  • I think your best tool for this was the tall vase, it balances every element you are using.
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • fjw2012fjw2012 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-do-you-think-of-our-centerpieces-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:40bd2f24-ba9c-498e-8809-ce2c9945b409Post:87a8e35a-155a-4f3a-8b0a-38827876fad0">Re: What do you think of our centerpieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love it!  Our colors are Red and Black, with a Red Rose Theme, its hard to find Red and Black themed Wedding Decor ideas without it having a 'goth' look.  I have similar centerpiece to this with the red floating candle, just a little different inside the glass.  Best wishes and happy planning!
    Posted by huskerfan246[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>We have the same colors, our decorations are similar and you're getting married the day after me. How funny is that?</div><div>
    </div><div>I agree it is hard to find elements that don't have a goth look to them. I love the colors because they are timeless and classy, but I am so afriad things are going to come out lookng scary, or tacky. </div><div>
    </div><div>Best wishes to you as well!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-do-you-think-of-our-centerpieces-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:40bd2f24-ba9c-498e-8809-ce2c9945b409Post:220f9879-ccb6-408a-98f9-e89e8bae9cda">Re: What do you think of our centerpieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your best tool for this was the tall vase, it balances every element you are using.
    Posted by eospassion[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! We considered using 9" vases because they were a bit cheaper, but the 12" vases made it look much sleeker. They looked a bit stubby with the 9" vases.</div>
  • I think these look awesome! Quite different from most I've seen...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-do-you-think-of-our-centerpieces-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:40bd2f24-ba9c-498e-8809-ce2c9945b409Post:112ffc56-0e3e-4ab5-be06-c7be9ac250e3">Re: What do you think of our centerpieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think these look awesome! Quite different from most I've seen...
    Posted by cwill6212[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! We were going for something different.</div>
  • I love it. I think the mask is what brings it together! Smile
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really love that! They fit your theme perfectly, and I think the mask is the perfect touch. Very unique and beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the great feed back everyone. It's so nice to know that we're going in the right direction Laughing
  • Beautiful! We are doing the same thing. Our colors are red/black and we are having a masquerade themed wedding reception. May I askwhere you bought your masks? We are looking to give them away as favors and are trying to find a place to buy the masks in bulk (either finished or DIY) for the cheapest price. Thanks!
    They look wonderful! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards