Wisconsin

The Hamilton in Milwaukee

I've been searching venues to hold my reception/ceremony in downtown Milwaukee, my fl and I both love the lofty style feel most of the third ward buildings have. We've looked into cuvée but is too pricey to fit into our budget since we want to host an open bar. Has anyone heard anything about the Hamilton ? It looks cute but aren't many pictures ( I'm planning my wedding from fl!!!! ) we are looking at a guest liston 80-100 people. Thanks ladies

Re: The Hamilton in Milwaukee

• sarahsmashsarahsmash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've booked The Hamilton for our wedding (ceremony and reception) 10/19/12 and I must say, it's fantastic! I also love the lofty/ third ward style and the price is better than many other places we've looked at.
    It's true that there aren't a lot of pictures online, though you can see a few more on their Facebook page. This place is better seen in person. It's just beautiful! The daytime pictures are beautiful, but this place really shines at night. I'm totally in love with the skylights, chandeliers, and the velvet curtains.
    The Hamilton is pretty new and the event room just opened earlier this year so that's probably why there aren't very many pics.
    The event room holds up to 200 people but I think it's better suited for a little less than that-- at least for a wedding. We are shooting for 150.
    Kimberly, the owner, is a dream to work with. So friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The first time my FI and I ever went there, we stopped by on a Sunday night for a drink on a whim with my brother and his fiancee. My FI mentioned to the bartender that we were considering the place for our wedding and the bartender told us that the owner was actually there. Kimberly cam out and talked to us for a while, answered our questions and even gave us an impromptu tour of the event room! Since then, we've been there a couple more times (to show the parents and such) and everything has always been just as wonderful as our first experience.
    Let me know if you have any questions and I can try to help you out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oooo that's so nice to hear! Are you guys going to be holding the ceromony as well as the reception at the Hamilton? I was thinking about it, Kimberley mentioned we would use the lounge while they flip the hall? And its been bugging me...what kind of floors do they have!? Since my guest list is pretty small she mentioned there would be plenty of room for a sit down dinner as well as a dance floor, would you agree with that? Thanks Sarah, it's so nice to actually get some feed back about the Hamilton.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh duh, I just noticed you did book it for both...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha. Yeah, we are using the lounge for the coctail hour while they flip the event room.
    The floor of the lounge is...something hard? =) Sorry, I can't remember for sure. I think it's cement and i"m pretty sure there's some plush area rugs.
    The floor of the event room is carpeted. It's that low pile stuff (I think that's what it's called when it is really short.). We are planning on renting a dance floor.
    You sould have plenty of room for tables and a dance floor. We are probably going to have to move some tables for dancing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I just checked their Facebook pictures. They have some that show the floor of both the lounge and the event rooms. Also, they have a couple pictures up of the event room set up for a wedding reception. Definately worth a look!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hamilton-Milwaukee/100881809971876
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Are the walls blue or grey in the event hall? Haha nutty questions ik but I can't figure it out in the pictures. My FI and I are going to take a look over Christmas break while we are in town.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, and I noticed you mention you were going to rent a dance floor...was the one in the pictures someone elses rentals?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The walls are actually white in the event room. There's some Cream City brick and grey and black curtains as accents. The effect is a nice blank canvas for whatever your colors will be. It's actually one of the things I was initially drawn to. It works perfectly for me since my colors are black and white.
    The dance floor in the pictures was most likely rented. There's no dance floor in the room already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Do either of you know if they do ceremonies only??  My fiance and I are looking for a ceremony site for our February 2, 2013 wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure they do. They rent the event room for all sorts of things, not just receptions and they are pretty flexible. I would just email Kimberly. She'll let you know more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are most likely holding the ceromony and reception there, they will flip the event room and host a cocktail and passed appetizers while they do that.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's what we are doing! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know these posts are a few months old... but I'm replying anyway! :)
    I am strongly considering the Hamilton for our reception.  I'm taking a look at the approved caterers and am having trouble finding average prices.  I found prices for Brocach and Ball 'n Biscuit.  Who did you go with, why, and what was the approximate per plate cost?  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_hamilton-milwaukee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:224d323b-061e-4c5c-b34e-774edeb29c41Post:db27be47-516d-4c20-b68e-dae8f637bed1">Re: The Hamilton in Milwaukee</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know these posts are a few months old... but I'm replying anyway! :) I am strongly considering the Hamilton for our reception.  I'm taking a look at the approved caterers and am having trouble finding average prices.  I found prices for Brocach and Ball 'n Biscuit.  Who did you go with, why, and what was the approximate per plate cost?  Thanks!
    Posted by emilyrose28[/QUOTE]<div>
    Hi! Sorry, I didn't see this till now. <div>
    </div><div>We are right in the middle of looking into the caterers right now. We are looking into Chef Jack's and Brocach. I wasn't really impressed with anyone else. </div></div><div>
    </div><div>I'm leaning towards Chef Jack's since they are full service (rentals etc.) and Brocach is not. Because of that, the food is less expensive at Brocach than Chef Jack's, but I think that it will even out when I factor in the cost of rentals and other services. We are looking at a buffet dinner with 1 hour of passed appetizers during the cocktail hour. Chef Jack's looks to be around $39/person. From what I've seen, the places average around mid 30s to high 40's. Some places have lots of add on costs...Chef Jack's doen't seem to and I appreciate that.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I am meeting with them for tastings in the next couple weeks. So I can let you know more then. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards