Arizona-Phoenix

DJ question

Hi! I know you are supposed to allow a certain percentage of your budget for certain vendors. But all that aside, what is the pricerange for a good DJ. I wanna know what I have to look forward to. I'm don't wanna look overly surprised when I hear certain prices. With that being said, do anyof you have any suggestions for dj's. We want lots of dancing, a relaxed atmosphere with a wide variety of music. (country, rock, r&b, hip hop, funk. .) thanks for the help
" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: DJ question

• azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I've read, most people seem to spend $600 to $1000 for DJs in the Phoenix area.
  • edited December 2011
    Uh...  ours is nowhere near that!!

We booked with AZ Celebrity DJ...  our DJ is Joe, and he's doing both our ceremony and our reception music/MCing, all that fun stuff.  Their pricing was around $450-700 depending on a lot of things.   We got the lower end of that, because of it being at Seville where they are prefered vendors, and maybe because it's a weekday, but not sure if that played into it or not.

We went with them because they have a TON of amazing reviews, have been in business for years,  Joe has done literally hundreds of weddings (he will hit 800 this year), and we really liked how he did things and his personality when we met with him.

They have been wonderful to work with...  and I can be pretty nit-picky when it comes to music!  We have changed things a few times...  songs, time lines, taken things out of the time line, put things in...  and it's never been an issue at all.  Stephanie is really responsive to emails and any questions.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I'm paying $600 for 6 hours, ceremony & reception. 
    79 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cool, Al american dj, Got you covered, and event centrale are on the preferred vendors list. I emailed them so i could check on pricing. Thx ladies
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Syndelin, you did better than I did, then. All the DJs I met with were asking for a minimum of 700 for about 8 hours. I guess I just assumed they charged about $100 an hour on average.
  • edited December 2011
    I Hired a Very good DJ that I have personally witnessed him do 2 weddings and he did a very very good job. He was very high energy and kept the party going. He has a huge data base of songs. He was really really affordable. I Coule not bring myself to Pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for someone to play music. I got really lucky and found someone really good. If you want his info just to check him out let me know. Golfin2good4u@yahoo.com.  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm paying $975 with Ray the DJ.  Our DJ is Jeremy and we have him for 7 hours music time.  Whether that's cheap or expensive- this company was recommended by several people and Jeremy seems like he knows what he's doing and can carry a great party.  I trust him.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Man...  I didn't realize what a good deal we actually got I guess.  LOL

Makes me even happier that we went with them! 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards