Indiana-Indianapolis

Valle Vista

Hello, Indy brides! I've seen some mixed reviews here on Valle Vista (bad seem to be mostly focused on having to use their vendors, which I'm not overly upset about) but what I can't seem to find is a ballpark cost for the whole thing - ceremony, reception...whatever, I'm just looking for numbers. I e-mailed them, but I e-mailed them on their form on the website and haven't heard anything and I have myself convinced it didn't go through. We're on a budget and I don't want to get my hopes up if it's going to be out of our price range, but I keep reading that it's "affordable." Anyone? And I know it's been asked so I won't post anything specifically for VV opinions or experiences, but feel more than free to share anything you've got. :) I'm really interested in their Ceremony of Lights.

Re: Valle Vista

• Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already deleted my full price breakdown for each venue since I chose one already, but I believe you can do a full wedding ceremony/reception for 150ish people including food/beverage for about $8,000- $10,000 at the Valle Vista (that could include open bar for a few hours).  Of the venues I toured, this was the most affordable AND it is not bad by any means.  The ceremony area is by far more attractive than the reception space (in my opinion).  Hope this helps!
  • blmeyersblmeyers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does help, thank you! We're trying to keep our budget to 10k-12k, and we'll only have about 60 guests and no open bar (we each have a few relatives with drinking issues, best just to avoid the situation) so I imagine it could be even a bit lower than that. Do you happen to remember if that was a ballpark for the summer months or off-season? Their website seems to imply that there's a siginificant change in cost during off-season.
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at Valle Vista November 4. They have been AMAZING!!!! And I do hair for weddings...and the bride got married at Valle Vista and said everything was awesome and they did a good job. Yea, you have to use their food, but I always here its really good! Otherwise, you pick where you want your cake from, your DJ  and florist! (and anything else you want) And they have lots of options for the meals. You can kinda make it how much you want it to be... Depending on how many people and what meal you chose ect. November is condsidered an off season month...and we got $200 less for the ceremony, than if we got married in the summer or fall. So its worth it for the off season!!! Definitley go check it out! With your budget and guests you can definitley do it there.  They are very organized and know what theyre doing. And the staff is SO helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Valle Vista to check it out. It was pretty but given the size of our wedding (under 100 guests), we'd only be able to have a Saturday wedding at 11:30 a.m. That didn't appeal to me ...
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With that size of guest list and no open bar, I'd say you can make Valle Vista work for your budget!  With my 150 guest list and open bar I would have spent about $9 -$10,000 for venue/food/drinks and since your guest count is smaller and you don't have to worry about liquor, that should work for you!  Def go check it out!  Obviously best to make an appointment, but my mom and I went and walked around without one (probably frowned upon by the staff, but no one said anything to use)!  We were able to walk into ceremony space and saw one of the reception areas.  Check it out!
  • Browneyes72Browneyes72 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have booked Valle Vista for my wedding.  We are guessing that there will be less than 75 guest.  If you are willing to have the wedding in the "off season" and on a Friday, their rates are great!  They should be within your budget.
    TJ
  • amawilcoamawilco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember looking at Valle Vista for my wedding in June. It really depended on the time of the ceremony. I didnt like the fact that it was more expensive to do a late wedding and they require you to purchase extra plates. If I would have booked them I would have had to move my date just to have my reception end at 9:30. If I wanted to go to 10:30 I would have had to tack on another $150.00 to an already $7000 tally. We  opted for something different because of this. Beautiful venue though! I just really didn't like the time frames they gave us. Also, they wanted to do the cake, and they made fake cakes and only a small portion would be available to cut. They charged at cake cutting fee to bring in outside vendor cakes and they charged 3.75/pp for a fake cake. They give you this tiny round piece of cake and people can't get more if they want it. That didn't appeal to me either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards