Hawaii

Bamboo Arches - Can you have one or no?

Hi ladies! Im hoping you can help answer a question. I've looked into many wedding packages for Oahu. About half of the WC's ive contacted said, no arches allowed, the other half say you can have an arch. I really wanted one, but im confused if you are allowed or not. And do I need a beach permit just to have one.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Bamboo Arches - Can you have one or no?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_bamboo-arches-can-you-have-one-or-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:0df56dd5-0dcf-4ba6-9e4a-ebd5f3805e6aPost:b1dc022e-6a31-48df-9a85-92fa807ed3ea">Bamboo Arches - Can you have one or no?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! Im hoping you can help answer a question. I've looked into many wedding packages for Oahu. About half of the WC's ive contacted said, no arches allowed, the other half say you can have an arch. I really wanted one, but im confused if you are allowed or not. And do I need a beach permit just to have one. Thanks for your help.
    Posted by nolakhounborind[/QUOTE]

It is my understanding that to marry on a beach you cannot have any arches, structures or chairs.  You need the beach permit just to have the ceremony there.
  • osayyesoosayyeso member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I had a look into my weddingsplanner's site and there is also a note that a bamboo arch is not possible at the beach. How odd, I didn't know.. But I can ask her to figure it out..  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Hawaii.weddings.com 

Wedding Countdown Ticker 

• ridedatbikeridedatbike member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Do you want to literally be in the sand? Depending on the beach you may or may not be able to just get away with it. Drinkings illegal on beaches but everyone does it pretty much all the time. If you don't have like this giant incredibly ellaborate arch maybe you could just do it.
  • @osayyeso - If you could ask that would be great! I have heard its illegal, right on the beach, but if the arch is by the treeline it is okay. Ive seen too many pictures right on the beach, so I dont know if some wp are okay with doing it and risking this.
  • As far as I know, arches aren't allowed on the sand.  They don't even allow chairs to be set up unless it's for the elderly or someone with a physical disability.
  • I've asked a few companies about it because I'm looking for the same thing. A few have a special permit for certain areas of the beach to have an arch and up to 20 chairs (the rest can stand) ... you need to go with a company who has the ability (and willingness) for this extra permit though, around $500 for the permit I think.  And its only certain beaches they can do it on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards