Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding at Aquarium or Zoo?

Has anyone had their wedding and/or reception at the Aquarium or the Zoo? I am interested to find out how that went. My fiance' and I are looking into this for our wedding next year.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding at Aquarium or Zoo?

• edited December 2011
    I think Jeff is the cater and he is amazing.  My sister worked with him for her wedding.  
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    just contact the people or fill out the form through the audubon institute's website: http://www.auduboninstitute.org/events/private. everything has to go through there. the tea room at the zoo gets booked up pretty quickly but the aquarium would be a great place for a party. good luck.
  • zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at the Aquarium next year and I can't wait.  I have spoken with a wedding planner who just did a reception there in December and she said it went smoothly and the food is the best in town.  The set up is a little strange on the second floor, but when I tell people that's where we are getting married they are shocked and excited.  So far they have been very helpful.  I can't wait for next year.  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizzybotz28lizzybotz28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married last year (last year- OMG!) at the Zoo, and I have to say that everything was spectacular.  The food is amazing, they make sure that everything goes smoothly, the room is beautiful and they were great to work with.  I worked with Kathy Arce, and if you can, request her - she was so on top of everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards