Snarky Brides

Share a "D'oh!" Moment

Dateline: Today (about 30 minutes ago)

I went out to lunch, by myself, ate and got the tab.  Lo and behold, my wallet was not in my purse.  We bought something online last night and it's still sitting in my study at home.  So, I called a coworker who had to walk down to the restaurant with her credit card and rescue me.  So embarrassing!  Luckily she was at her desk.  Almost everyone else was at lunch. 

Anyone else have a "D'oh!" moment?

ETA: And when I pay her back (it was $15), I'm going to give her $20 total ($5 for the hassle).  Do you think that's appropriate?

Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment

• Once Brandon and I were arguing about the definition of "cop a feel". He said it was just feeling someone up, I insisted there was a degree of sneakiness involved. We get this Urban Dictionary definition:

To feel on a woman's breasts or buttox; usually when she is not expecting it. Often followed up by a slap in the face.

And I immediately go: "Slap in the face? Brandon, don't slap me after you touch me boobs!"

He laughs his butt off and goes "I think they mean the woman does the slapping."

Me: "...I knew that."

I felt pretty stupid.
  • I worked out and showerd and everything at the gym two days ago.. then I realized I hadn't packed any underwear or bra.  I had a tank top so no bra was okay.. I ended up having to wash my underwear by hand and air dry it with the hand dryers.
  • I put dish soap in the dishwasher the other day, went outside for an hour then came back in to a kitchen FULL of suds!!!!

Not my finest moment...
  • Most recent was weekend before last when I tried to move that dumpster with approximately 90 gallons of ice water in it. 

This is more of a klutz moment, but on my first overnight trip with H we were in the hotel and he was ironing a shirt.  I was trying to be all flirty and sexy and sat down at the foot of the bed with my back facing the edge - I promptly fell backwards.  Flat on my back on the floor, legs still up on the bed...  Oh yeah, that was hot.  H still gives me grief about that. 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-a-doh-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5476b592-3a23-4b50-93de-0aa4a2e07a54Post:59dff95b-f375-4bac-b1da-be91ff7f8e25">Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last week I wore a sweater all day only to come home and have H tell me "Your shirt is inside out."  That was the most recent I'm a dumb ass moment. One time I thought the car was stolen. H had gone to run errands or something so I called him freaking out. Yeah, we only have one car. He you know, drove, to run those errands. I'm an idiot. H brought me back a papa murphy's pizza after that one though. I think he's trying to reinforce my stupidity.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of a couple years ago when my dad came out of my parent's walk in closet and asked my mom if the sweater he was wearing was too small.  And yeah, it definitely was too small.  And horribly out of date.  My mom told him he looked like a "little fat boy" and he proceeded to wear it to church anyway.

A couple weeks later I was home with Ben and the whole family was sitting drinking wine and visiting when the little fat boy story came up.  Someone asked what size the sweater was, so my mom went to grab it.  She was dying when she came out with the sweater, showed it to my dad and he reads, "Mediano!?" and we all were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe.  He's a large, so yeah, he should not wear a medium.

The kicker... it was a women's sweater.  He found one of my mom's old ass sweaters somewhere in the closet and wore the friggen thing to church.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-a-doh-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5476b592-3a23-4b50-93de-0aa4a2e07a54Post:05195562-492d-4d89-b37f-9e57e9ea50f7">Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment : I did that once in college. Soap EVERYWHERE. Also, in HS I was microwaving some ramen noodles. Totally forgot to put water in the bowl. Yeesh, it reeked.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also did that in college.  I felt like the biggest dipshit ever, lol.
    panther
  • AATB, you have the best stories. That's hilarious.

I lose my glasses, my purse or my keys all the time and they're always either on my face, my shoulder or in my hands.

I know I've had far more "D'oh!" moments than this but I seriously can't think of anything right now.
  • I like to sit on my bathroom counter when putting on my eye makeup. I know it's weird, whatever. There's a drawer right beneath me with q-tips in it that I frequently open while I'm sitting up there. I jumped backwards off the counter and gave myself a dead leg on the drawer. I had the biggest bruise.

I also wear my underwear inside out on accident pretty often. You'd think it would be uncomfortable but I guess not. I'm an idiot.
  • I was in the airport recently, and carrying too many bags and I was getting a little flustered, so some nice airline employee came and helped me check in at a self check in stand (he was manning all 10 of them or w.e)
    I went throught security and put my stuff in two bins instead of one (they were stacked) and security asked me to take the bottom one and bring it back to the front of the line (thus, leaving my bag unattended)

Anyways, I went to go get coffee and opened my purse and my wallet was gone! There was this reeeally creepy guy in line infront of me and I totally thought he took it when I brought the other bin back.

So I go to security and they take my picture, file a report, and when I told them my bag was left, they went through the camera to see if they could get still shots of everyone who was before and after me.

Well, long story short, the airline employee comes and finds me and gives me my wallet, I guess I just handed it to him while he was helping me check by bags and walked away, he couldn't leave his little check in stand and he was trying to call me and I completely ignored him and kept walking, Not my finest moment, and I almost missed my flight.
  • Oh man one time Ben and I were driving back to Fargo as it was getting dark, and I was like "Gosh it's so hard for me to see!"  He looks at me and says "Hon?  You're still wearing your sunglasses."
    panther
  • Lol, my mom takes all day to drink her morning coffee.  It's so nasty.  She'll just re-heat it as the day goes on.  Sometimes just drinks it cold.

She just texted me "OH MY GOSH I JUST DRANK MY LAST SWALLOW OF MORNING COFFEE AND SPIT OUT A LADY BUG!!"
    panther
  • I used to think that Hamburger Helper had hamburger in the box. Well, actually I just didn't really think about the logistics. And then in the beginning of when J and I started dating, he started making some. I asked him why he took out burger meat from the freezer and why not just use what was in the box.

Yeah, that story has followed me since.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-a-doh-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5476b592-3a23-4b50-93de-0aa4a2e07a54Post:b07b92c7-000e-4802-b53b-d4d1e5df995f">Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol, my mom takes all day to drink her morning coffee.  It's so nasty.  She'll just re-heat it as the day goes on.  Sometimes just drinks it cold. She just texted me "OH MY GOSH I JUST DRANK MY LAST SWALLOW OF MORNING COFFEE AND SPIT OUT A LADY BUG!!"
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>One time at work, a fly must have drowned in my coffee. I nearly swallowed it before I spit it out. I was <em>horrified.</em> Lord only knows how long I was drinking fly coffee.

</div>
  • I made Hamburger Helper without hamburger on purpose one time.  That's legit.  I didnt have any meat and I didn't feel well to go to the store.  And it was all I had in the cupboard, lol.

I'm kinda grossed out now that I think about it.  I never buy that stuff.  God only knows how long it sat in my cupboard *shudder*
    panther
  • When I was about 13 I was in the grocery store with my family.  We were in the fresh produce area and the misters came on over the veggies.  But this was one where they get all fancy with it and add in flashing lights for lightning and thunder sound effects.  I turned to my Mom and asked, "Do they do that so the veggies feel like they're still out in the field or garden?"  And I was dead serious.  I don't think I'll ever live that one down...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-a-doh-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5476b592-3a23-4b50-93de-0aa4a2e07a54Post:f21e9a18-05c1-4e28-8640-da5b9c2591d1">Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lose my glasses, my purse or my keys all the time and they're always either on my face, my shoulder or in my hands. 
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>I do that all the time with my cell phone!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    LOL ALSO - this one is even funnier than my dad's little fat boy sweater.

My FIL always gets up early and works around in the yard.  Their lake home in MN has lots of neighbors around, and their neighbors are nosy and weird.  Anyway one morning, he gets up early, throws on random clothes and he's working in the yard.  He stops a minute to look at himself, and wonders, "I wonder how old these shorts are.  I haven't worn shorts this short in decades." 

My MIL was making breakfast in the kitchen when she saw my FIL working in the yard and immediately recognized them as her shorts.  HE WAS WEARING HIS WIFES SHORT JEAN SHORTS.  When he comes in for a quick break, she tells him this, he shrugs it off and goes out and keeps on working.

The neighbors definitely got on eyeful.
    panther
  • I have so many stories...I call them DeeDeDee (like Carlos Mencia) moments though. That's my nickname for me among my group of friends.

My favorite though kinda sucked at the time, but looking back it was funny.  One of my really good friends needed her inhaler, and I was the closest one to her purse at the time.  So I reached in and grabbed it...and forgot to take the top off.  Thankfully, one of my other friends realized it and took the top off before they gave it to her, but my friends still haven't let me live that one down.

And then there is the time I was drunk off my ass, and was laughing really loud at something on tv.  My friends were telling me to quiet down, and so I grabbed the nearest thing to me to stifle my laughter...a pillow.  Well, I would bury my face in the pillow and forget to breathe, so they would have to remind me to come up for air.  And then I would go back to laughing in the pillow again.  This continued for a little while until I decided to go to bed.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Texasgurly- We use the DDD also.  Mostly when talking about other people though.  My brother introduced me to the whole concept, mostly through his 4 year old daughter who was running around the house shouting "DDD" at the top of her lungs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-a-doh-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5476b592-3a23-4b50-93de-0aa4a2e07a54Post:5b9040a5-c446-40b1-84ad-6e332ad86f89">Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man one time Ben and I were driving back to Fargo as it was getting dark, and I was like "Gosh it's so hard for me to see!"  He looks at me and says "Hon?  You're still wearing your sunglasses."
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Haha I have done that before too, Wont live that one down.
  • Do you guys remember back when tampons first had plastic applicators and were full-length in the package? One escaped its wrapper in my purse and I grabbed it and handed it to a guy in high school algebra to use as a pen. He was a senior, and I was a freshman tutoring him. I wanted to die. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-a-doh-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5476b592-3a23-4b50-93de-0aa4a2e07a54Post:9130f043-de4e-4ffc-b515-1c77614a65b3">Re: Share a "D'oh!" Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also wear my underwear inside out on accident pretty often. You'd think it would be uncomfortable but I guess not. I'm an idiot.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I do this frequently.  I also was at Zumba the other day shakin it and have a great time when a pair of panties came flying out the leg of my pants and landed right in front of the instructor. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Last week K called me when I was getting ready for work, so on my way out the door I started getting frustrated and he asked why.  My response- "I can't find my freaking phone."

He just goes "Uhhhh babe... are you f*cking with me right now?"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bltata, that's awesome!
  • Recently I was chatting with a deaf-blind man (deaf and blind since birth, uses tactile sign language to communicate).  He asked me where I grew up, and I told him South Bend.  Which lead to talking about Notre Dame.  So I asked him if he's seen the movie Rudy.  He paused for a second, then started laughing.  It took me a second to realize what I'd just done.  Then he asked me to describe the plot for him. But I was so flustered that all I could manage to say was "it's about a famous football player from Notre Dame".  FAIL. 
  • A couple of years back, when Paul McCartneys ex wife (i forgot her name) was on dancing with the stars...you know the one with the fake leg, ya her. So I'm at my cousins house, and we are watching it, and my cousin says "wow its amazing that shes able to dance with a fake leg like that"

my response..."well its her real foot thought right?"...cuz thats what they do, they give you a fake leg, but put your real foot back on apparently!! LOL

I have never laughed so hard in my life and my family will never let me forget that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards