Moms and Maids

Getting ready day of the WEDDING

Who usually goes to get ready the day of. My mom and obviously my MOH and bridesmaids, but do people usually invited FMIL? What about FI sisters even though they're not in the wedding. Kind of just want my mom and friends around me that day so I don't get stressed out. Is it ok to just not ask?

Re: Getting ready day of the WEDDING

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It's fine not to ask.  FMIL and sisters can be where FI is.
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm asking my FMIL. I couldn't imagine mine not there, but I think sometimes it's fine not to ask.
  • edited December 2011

I will get ready with my wedding party and my mom - i will not be inviting my FSIL's or my FMIL.  I agree with you it just adds stress and I want the enviornment to be as calm as possible :)

• edited December 2011
    When my brother got married I didn't get ready with the bride or the groom and I didn't feel hurt.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not. Just my mom and BP will be with me.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I have a daughter and a son. I would want to be with each of them prior to their wedding.

Save that special time for you and your Mom and closest friends. If FMIL didn't have a daughter of her own I would say you could invite her, but since your FI has sisters she will get her time with them in the future.

• jmconley08jmconley08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! And I can't believe people were showing up while you were trying to get ready!! HOW RUDE! You will see them at the wedding. Isn't the dress supposed to be a surprise too for some people. Jeez!! I will be going out to get my hair/nails/makeup done and just getting dressed at home.
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't ask MIL is join us in getting ready. Can't say it occured to me, I didn't know that was a thing...whoops.
  • edited December 2011
    My future sisters-in-law are bridesmaaids so they will be with me as will my FMIL. I'm blessed that my FI has an amazing family and couldn't imagine not having his mom and sisters not there with my mom, grandma, and MOH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards