Canada-Ontario

Choosing a Bridesmaid

My dilemma is choosing my second bridesmaid.....I have already chosen my maid of honor (my sister) and one other bridesmaid (my best friend and cousin) but I'm having trouble choosing the second bridesmaid.  Initially I was going to choose a good friend of mine who I've know for almost 20 years but we have become distant over the last year and when I told her I was getting married her reaction was not at all what I expecting.  On the other hand I could go with a family member...who I've had differences with in the past but have become much closer with over the last 6 months and her reaction to the wedding annoucement was amazing. 

So do I go with the friend I've know the longest even though we are not as close anymore or the family member who I've recently become close with and I know will be there in the future?

Re: Choosing a Bridesmaid

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We can't choose for you - this is all on you!  I would think about who you really want to stand up there with you on the big day.  You could always choose both, or neither as well - your WP doesn't need to have even sides.  With that said, if you really do want to choose one, you could give the other a responsibility or ask them to help with something, outside of being a bridesmaid.  Remember, it's your day, and it's whom you really want up there with you that's most important!  They will understand if they really love you!
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with the person you think will be there for you no matter what.  Your bridal party should be made up of people you know will support you during the day of your wedding and the days leading up to it. 
    On the other hand, you also don't have to have 3 attendants in your wedding.  Just a thought.  You can have uneven numbers.
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_choosing-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:ed8fdfdf-8128-43b9-b71e-fc094b5d6d91Post:85ad9860-d230-4df4-89f7-58fbe559bb0c">Re: Choosing a Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go with the person you think will be there for you no matter what.  Your bridal party should be made up of people you know will support you during the day of your wedding and the days leading up to it.  On the other hand, you also don't have to have 3 attendants in your wedding.  Just a thought.  You can have uneven numbers.
    Posted by Jewel224[/QUOTE]

agreed!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just asked my best friends.  We didn't have even sides and I even had my brother and BIL on my side.  And honestly, on the day of, I was so, so glad that I did that because when stuff went really wrong, I had the people who loved me most there to support me, and no one I had to worry about.  Choose the people that matter most to you and don't worry about numbers or even sides.  In the end you'll be happier.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_choosing-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:ed8fdfdf-8128-43b9-b71e-fc094b5d6d91Post:85ad9860-d230-4df4-89f7-58fbe559bb0c">Re: Choosing a Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go with the person you think will be there for you no matter what.  Your bridal party should be made up of people you know will support you during the day of your wedding and the days leading up to it.  On the other hand, you also don't have to have 3 attendants in your wedding.  Just a thought.  You can have uneven numbers.
    Posted by Jewel224[/QUOTE]

Agree
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards