New Jersey

Florist/Hair Salon in Central New Jersey

Hello everyone!! I was hoping somebody could recommend a good florist and a hair salon in central jersey? I have had no luck so far and my wedding is rapidly approaching lol.. Thanks so much!!

Re: Florist/Hair Salon in Central New Jersey

• agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    What is your definition of central jersey?
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • middlesex, monmouth, somerset counties
  • I used to use Annette and Jennifer at Hair Plus in Edison(I went there a long time ago before it changed names, but I believe both girls are still there).  The number of the salon is 732-549-0797.  They were both really talented and good with up-dos etc. 

We are using Petal Beach in West Long Branch for flowers.  We also looked at Marquis Florals by Kim in Matawan and Gardenias in Metuchen.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been using Kelly at Salon NV in Franklin Park (in the strip mall with Confectionately Yours and Steinmart - if you're familiar with Rt. 27 at all) basically since I was born - she used to work at Hot Locks (by the old-old Confects, funny enough) in Franklin Park but it closed fairly recently and she moved right down the street. She's very creative and does great work.

For a florist I've been working with Mike Pellegrino at Jardiniere in Far Hills - not exactly central NJ, but I believe he will travel. I just feel the need to recommend him...I'm floored by his expertise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My whole family has used Boca Salon & Day Spa. They have two locations, North Brunswick and Jamesburg. They did an amazing job for my sister's wedding! Ask for the owner, Anthony. He's top notch.

We're using Flower Barn of Hillsborough. My dad owns/designs there and does such beautiful work. I'm pretty sure we're getting a great deal too! LOL

Good Luck :-)
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've heard great things about Rose, Petals & Lace.  I didn't meet with them b/c they had a minimum that we weren't going to meet b/c we're not doing centerpieces.  I did meet with Bonnie at Petal Beach and thought her work was amazing, but she also had a minimum that I couldn't meet.  I wound up booking with Something NIce Floral Designs in Pt. Pleasant- she beat out everyone's prices and her work is beautiful.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • I would highly recommend Santos Florist in Newark (Ironbound section).  They will go to all of the areas you mentioned.  You'll get the biggest bang for your buck their and they will do the best work.  Give them a call to schedule an appointment, only takes an hour and they will give you a quote exactly what you are looking for.
  • We're also using Something Nice in Point, but that might be too far south for you.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • thanks for responding!!
  • Kris Kell Creations Salon in Helmetta (Spotswood/Monroe).  Nancy & Kelly do beautiful updos.  I work there as a make up artist on Saturdays :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_floristhair-salon-in-central-new-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:84bd4bc0-a577-45df-a7b5-b2990ae23df6Post:bcec5353-98a1-432a-b363-be6667a9ef0b">Florist/Hair Salon in Central New Jersey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone!! I was hoping somebody could recommend a good florist and a hair salon in central jersey? I have had no luck so far and my wedding is rapidly approaching lol.. Thanks so much!!
    Posted by Shellster17[/QUOTE]

Bridalbyval.com- I am using her she is amazing and comes right to your location the day of and brings the salon to you. You are better off having her come to you rather then sit in a salon and chance them running behind. best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards