Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good Morning

I'm sitting here drinking coffee and listening to the Luther Vandross Pandora station.  I'm feeling old today and I like it.  haha.  

How is everyone?

Re: Good Morning

• Morning.  I was up until midnight last night.  Wheeeeee.

I am so tired it isn't even funny.  Need coffee!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Why were you up so late?  I'm sure it's hard to get a schedule when your H's changes so much for work!  That would be so hard for me.
  • I have class until 9:55 on Wednesdays.  Half hour commute, and by the time I get home I'm still raring to go.  H went to bed around 11:15, but I couldn't get myself to sleep.  Before Spring Break I had kind of been acclimating my body to the random late night, but the last two weeks (my prof was in Toronto one week, and then Spring Break happened), I guess I lost that little voice in my head that said "you're staying up until midnight...and you need to be up at 6?  Be smart, Bay."

• I know what you mean.  DST has messed with me like that and I can't get to bed at a decent hour the past few weeks.  I'm usually a 9pm(er) but haven't gotten to bed before 11 in a while.  
  • I slept in, and it was heavenly.

Of course, I had all these strangely vivid dreams about a guy I dated (not seriously).  Weird.
  • Good morning!
    I'm WFH because I'm feeling a bit under the weather.  I've been waking up in the middle of the night all week.  I wish I could figure out what is stressing me out so I could nip it in the butt.

Starting tomorrow, we are in the double digits to the wedding.  I'm sure that's not helping my stress level.

Bay, hopefully you can get caught up on sleep this evening.  Be sure to go to bed a little bit early.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning!
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Holy crap, Fezz, I just looked at your ticker and realized you're only 2 months out!  You must be bouncing off the walls!

• Yeah, I'm getting a little antsy. :) 

• Morning!  Finally saw the HG yesterday and overall, I really enjoyed it. Possible spoilers ahead.

I thought that the whole hunger theme was grossly underdeveloped both in the districts and in the games.  I mean, the Capitol is starving the districts in order to keep them in control so it's a pretty big part of the story.  I didn't feel like the audience got the desperation and exhaustion that just surviving the day caused for the district people.  I also didn't feel that for the kids in the games. I mean, obviously they were desperate to not let each other kill them but other than the fire that the Gamemaker sent, there wasn't a whole lot of surviving the elements, hunger, dehydration, etc.

I was pretty disappointed in the Peeta and Katniss relationship development, especially at the end when Peeta is supposed to realize that she was playing it up for the games.  I don't think someone who hadn't read the book would have gotten all of the intensity and anger on Peeta's part which is a huge factor in the next books, especially The Mockingjay since his anger is what the Capitol uses to brainwash Peeta in order to destroy Katniss.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Morning all.  Not much new here.  Double digits for me to Julybride.  Yikers!

Headed to NEPA this weekend to see my kids.  Woot Woot.
  • Morning. I'm just waiting to see if I get called into the office for a slightly vague FB status I made last night (purposely vague). I think I've decided tOthhat for my own mental health I just have to stop giving a damn. Otherwise I spend my day wondering why I'm not good enough and that's not worth it.

But anyway. I'm going to Target after work and that always makes me happy. I probably won't buy anything other than what I need, but I still love to look.
  • Morning!

I am so frapping thirsty for some reason. I just want milk. Not sure why I want milk, but I know I have no means of getting it while at work, so life is not fair.
  • Morning peeps.  Today's my Friday, woohoo!  We're driving to Cleveland tonight for a concert tonight and the international film festival the next 2 days.  I really need to get my diet back on track next week, with being away so much recently!
  • Good morning all. I woke up in a bad mood. I had a dream that FMIL showed up on the first day of our honeymoon and made FI and I come home. I was furious in my dream.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:ab0fae72-d062-453d-b2df-8d808d2cd4be">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. The IT people in my office are useless. I haven't been able to send emails for three days. THREE DAYS. It's kinda a big part of my job, losers. Get it fixed.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

You work for TK?

:)
  • Abbs- Who ya seeing tonight?

• Morning.  I'll sluggishly jump on the exhausted train.  I'm ready for the weekend, even though it's jam-packed full of stuff.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:cdbedc34-e615-4785-9dbb-51d275e3fe6a">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. I'm really tired too. I just couldn't fall asleep last night. B - I completely agree with you. The cave scene and lack of relationship with Gale is what annoyed me the most. They're huge parts in the books and the movie glossed over it. I'm really curious to see how they're going to do the other movies since they left so much out of the first one.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Oh, and the whole pin thing bugged me, too.  I get why they went with the Prim and Katniss exchange in order to build their relationship when there's limited time to do so but I feel that the true source of the pin is significant.  It came from the mayor's wife's sister who was a tribute.  Mayor's daughter Madge gives it to Katniss which 1) shows she does have a friend even though she has a hard time making friends 2) it shows that the Mayor's own daughter was not safe from the Capitol's evilness nor is the Mayor - he is just a pawn in their game as well and 3) it didn't explain the true birth of the Mockingjays which they're obviously going to need for the 3rd movie.  I also think that is shows that there really is a community bond buried deep down even though they're thrown into an "every man for himself" daily survival and feel trapped.  It's the symbol of humanity in a cold world created by the Capitol and I was disappointed that those who haven't read the books probably didn't get that from the movie.

• Morning!  I'm so ready for the weekend to be here.
  • I'm looking into making homemade dog food.  The kind I get reduced the bag by 6 pounds, but kept the price the same of course.  I'm just not sure yet if it would be cost effective to make it, since we have two big dogs.

• Adamar, one of my mom's friends cooks gourmet meals for her dog every single night. Not even dog food-type meals, but people-type meals. Even if she eats, say, a frozen pizza, the dog will get a 2-course meal. I thought Whisky was spoiled.
  • I can't wait to see HG this weekend.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:dfead09a-dd08-4bec-ab3e-d8f98f472363">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar, one of my mom's friends cooks gourmet meals for her dog every single night. Not even dog food-type meals, but people-type meals. Even if she eats, say, a frozen pizza, the dog will get a 2-course meal. I thought Whisky was spoiled.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Ha, they would definitely not be getting gourmet meals.  I'm thinking home-made kibble.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:6ade646f-5e4b-42ad-ac0b-af5ba4ea679b">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't wait to see HG this weekend.
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

Crap. Hope I didn't spoil anything for you.  It IS a good movie - we both enjoyed it.

• B, I'm one of those weirdos that actually like spoilers. :)

• I'm curious to see how T likes HG's.  He has not read the books so I want to see what he gets out of it.  Maybe the intensity is enough in the movie but b/c we read the books we are all just so into it.  I can't wait to go!  
  • Exactly, Chrissy.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:a9d4d9f7-b920-4ea8-b5ee-59852d4ff63b">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]B, I'm one of those weirdos that actually like spoilers. :)
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

Well, hold onto your baby-squashed-bladder when the freaking Mutt jumps out.  I about wet myself.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:4a81bc2d-86ef-42a5-b298-8baaaaff738d">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll definitely love it.  These are just those things you'll always find in movie adaptations.  You'll always find SOMETHING that could have been better or included more.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

So true.  I imagine that's a difficult job deciding what stays and what goes to fit in time allowances, ratings, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards