Not Engaged Yet

What's for Dinner?

I'm making a light dinner tonight because we are going to eat so much crap at our friend's NYE party tomorrow night.

I have some leftover salmon that I'm going to bake with ginger and garlic. Then I'm going to flake it, and toss it with some pasta, broccoli and peas, then dress it with pesto. But I feel like I should add something else to it, like sun dried tomatoes, which I of course don't have. I guess I'll just do without.

Oh well. Anyway, what's for dinner?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: What's for Dinner?

• I'm not sure yet, but that sounds good.  H doens't like fish, so I only really eat it when we go out.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Salmon, tasty!  
    I will probably just finish up the sun-dried tomato and basil polenta with a ground turkey and roasted garlic tomato sauce.  I wish I had more spinach and sunburst squash, but we ate that yesterday, so it'll be cauliflower or frozen vegetable on the side.

• Mmmm....I keep wanting to try polenta but I wouldn't know the first thing about cooking it.

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • I am having leftover creamy garlic sauce and some pasta.  Yum!

Anniversary

• FI's brother is making us dinner tonight! I'm not even sure what we're having exactly yet. But we evidently are supposed to dress up. Too bad I only brought home one dress option from school... Only one sexy black dress. I put some tights on and some heels. Whatever. haha. This should be fun!

Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • We're going over to a local bar/micro-brewery to get dinner and beers. Also, to play shuffleboard, which is the only competitive activity I have ever beat BF at. I'm excited to kick his butt.

• LOL the only thing I can beat FI at is Scrabble!

• Dunno yet, but probably something light or just some snacks because I got to leave work early today and went to lunch at my favorite Indian restaurant and there I had Mysore masala dosa and a wonderful mango lassi :d!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:87edc550-dc40-4e86-ba16-3ed08db257caPost:216add95-9e23-44e6-8e0b-db548566d536">Re: What's for Dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmm....I keep wanting to try polenta but I wouldn't know the first thing about cooking it.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

<div>Food Merchants makes a pre-cooked Polenta, so all you have to do is heat it up. Otherwise preparing it can be very time consuming.  There are also recipes for things to do with the polenta at quinoa.net <a href="http://www.quinoa.net/915.html" title="polenta recipes" rel="nofollow">click</a>!  I get it from my local co-op.  Maybe you could find it in your area.</div>

• Aww, tarra :( How are you feeling?

• Dinner was oven baked subs from hungry howies. My sister helped me clean my house today, so NO COOKING OR CLEANING. Lol.. those were the requirements. 
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-dinner-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:87edc550-dc40-4e86-ba16-3ed08db257caPost:4a6f6c12-07ac-4a29-9887-a94183f2a196">Re: What's for Dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sick so I am having soup. Whatever H makes for me.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]
    Still??? Sweet mother of mercy.

ETA: Inspired by Liv's utterly adult dinner, I had one of my own: cheesy eggs with sliced turkey hot dog in them. Om nom nom.

• That sounds effing delicious. When can I come over for dinner, bside???
  • Whenever your little heart desires, sous! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards