Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

Re: B&M Monday

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:6528074d-2970-45c8-aac6-4f227ff44788">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My B&M is that my sister is going back on giving me permission to look at 4-28-12 for our wedding date.   Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

As someone else who had a date that they HAD to have, what do you mean?  We each get one day, not a month, not a week, not a year.  How is she taking this back?  I do get how complicated it can be financially for your parents if they are footing the bill for both.  I'm glad I did not have to deal with this.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:d9d35fa9-bf47-454e-9b47-28c27493386c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : I would tell said sister <strong>tough noodles dude.</strong>  I don't think you should feel guilty for planning your wedding accordingly.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

THIS.

Brianna, you always have the best way of expressing things.  Especially lately! <3
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I would tell her tough noodles as well, if only for the purpose of actually saying "tough noodles" to someone.

On a more serious note - I have a cousin who was engaged before me and did nothing on her weddding at all before I was engaged. Once I got engaged though she got really testy about me actually getting married before her. I told her to get over it (nicely of course.) She ended up breaking her engagement right before our wedding. If we had waited for her to get married, we would probably still be waiting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think her issues are this:

1.) We would like 2 weeks padding between so the first can go on a honeymoon and be back early enough for the others and allow our family to get between the two while avoiding holidays.   2 weeks before our date is Easter, 2 weeks after is mother's day, followed by Memorial Day

2.) We share a dad, but my mother has offered to pay for our wedding where as she will be paying for hers alone in NYC.  According to her wedding planners, if she waits until summer it will be 20%+ more which comes out to several thousand dollars.  She can't really do earlier than April as the FingerLakes in NY will be frozen still :P

My issues:

1.) The 28th issue - January outside in Dallas can be lovely or Snowmageddon 2.0.  July outside - yeah, lets be real here :P  September, FI's dad won't be able to come due to huge work conflict.

2.) I have chosen clover green and anemones - both that really only work in Spring.  The flowers, while I love more than anything, I could change.  The color however is non-negotiable as myself, BMs and FG have ordered our dresses....

Ahhh, I love my sister.  I love my sister.. *repeats*
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:359bb461-43d7-424c-af30-5c5058b09744">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the chance anyone here loves The Office as much as I do, this reminds me of the wedding episode where Pam rips her veil on the wedding day. Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I read Deepthi's post. I just watched 'Niagra' the other night, and like Julie, I cry each time I see it.

B&M: RD list has climbed to 60 peeps. Holy rehearsal dinner, Batman.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany - Thanks, you made me actually laugh out loud.  I have a 4 year old so I have to clean up the language from time to time... you learn to get creative.

Lesa - I highly recommend using tough noodles.  There really is no good rebuttal for that.
  • edited December 2011

Deepthi-sorry to hear about your veil. Look on the bright side-there are so many beautiful veils out there!!! You'll find one without those beads on it for sure!

Bobbi-can't wait to see pictures of your bridals!!

My B&M is I didn't get the job I interviewed with last week. I'm over experienced...seriouslly, I either don't have enough, or I have too much!!!!! How can someone have too much experience to begin with?!

So now, I'm back to square one. I'm frusterated cus I know if I keep looking and the sooner it gets to the wedding, the more likely I may not have time off for the wedding!

On the bright side Thank You Uncle Sam for my tax refund :)

• edited December 2011
    Meghan - I completely understand your experience "frustration".  I hate telling people I have interviewed that.  I know our company has a policy about over-experience.  Basically, over-experienced people aren't challenged/happy in their jobs, ask for raises sooner, or look for new roles more fitting sooner.  I would think they would want some one to be stellar and not just average :(
  • edited December 2011
    We have a problem with men from certain areas of the world acting and treating women like we are beneath them.  I am on the phone.  You can and will wait until I am done.  You are not special.

• lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:2f8e3d7f-a1f4-4154-b925-d2aebfe8f94c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Ours is sitting right at 85 if all our family members come.  FMIL flipped out and asked us if we could cut anyone... <strong>to which I responded that we would cut if she would.  =(
    </strong>Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

500 points for the correct answer. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:90d94d1f-6fed-4b0f-89e0-e5dd84717715">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meghan - I completely understand your experience "frustration".  I hate telling people I have interviewed that.  I know our company has a policy about over-experience.  Basically, over-experienced people aren't challenged/happy in their jobs, ask for raises sooner, or look for new roles more fitting sooner.  I would think they would want some one to be stellar and not just average :(
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

I guess I never had to deal with that. I hire PT and I'm super picky. If there is even one little thing I don't like on their application, I don't call them. At least the ones I hire stick around, so my pickiness pays off :)
  • edited December 2011
    Meagan, I am doing boudoir pics not bridals :)

Amanda and Courtney, wow I cannot imagine a RD with that many guests its almost the size of our wedding.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    PS - Kendall - I responded to your PM, but I will just say it here.  Yes, my Andrew did go to SGP.  So did his best man, Steven.  You remember him?  They were best friends in HS too.

Small world!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely do!  How funny... I saw your pics and was like, "No, it cant be!" Was he 01?  If so, are you guys doing the reunion this fall? :)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:0a087429-799e-47ff-bd74-80c4a3e219a9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I definitely do!  How funny... I saw your pics and was like, "No, it cant be!" Was he 01?  If so, are you guys doing the reunion this fall? :)
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

He was 01.  I don't know that he's heard of a reunion! 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:6528074d-2970-45c8-aac6-4f227ff44788">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>She was engaged last summer and hasn't done anything planning-wise</strong>.  Why should my wedding suffer because she dropped the ball?  Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

THIS! I concur with tough noodles, sissypants. Maybe if she would have been on the ball (I realize I don't know the reason that she has waited to <em>begin</em> planning) she could have whatever day she wanted THIS year to help save money.
  • edited December 2011
    Lesa- I'm with everyone else! I think your sister missed out on her chance. Tell her this is your wedding date and to plan accordingly. My wedding date is the weekend of Father's date. FFIL says it's the best Father's day gift he's ever gotten!
    Our RD is going over 100.. I'm trying to cut it down, but it's not working.. Oh well. Everything for us is huge.
  • edited December 2011
    I just spent the last four days 8-6:30 in a classroom reviewing for a test I take later this month.  I'm not in the mood to be here.  I'm very tired and I don't feel very well.  And flame me, but I'm so used to working my 5 work days and having the weekend off.  Now I'll be "working" 12 straight days (since my weekend was consumed with the review).  Yep, that's it.  That's all the complaining I will do about it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:d94632b1-aae0-4b46-8d69-6424fc7154cd">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our RD is going over 100.. I'm trying to cut it down, but it's not working.. Oh well. Everything for us is huge.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

WOW!

An on another note.....
    Aren't you excited that we will be sharing our wedding day with Hugh Hefner, Deepthi? Hahaha ;)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    My RD is 25.  30 tops.

Flame away.

(it's FINALLY something that I win on)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:3675850a-fae3-4d88-8a54-6647d5d52299">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My RD is 25.  30 tops. Flame away. (it's FINALLY something that I win on)
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Won't be getting flames from me.  I prefer RD's that aren't big extravegant affairs.  We had: me, DH, my dad and stepmom, his dad and his wife, BIL and his GF, nephew, 3 grandparents, one aunt and 2 out of towners.  So 15. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:e333677d-3a56-4860-ad04-6b272a9ac57c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meagan, I am doing boudoir pics not bridals :).  Amanda and Courtney, wow I cannot imagine a RD with that many guests its almost the size of our wedding.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

whoops sorry! I saw B-pics so I assumed bridals!! I've seen Chelsea's work with Boudoir's...they turned out great!!
  • edited December 2011

The only B&M I could come up with for the day other than it's Monday is that annoying coworker that has been on vacation all last week called in sick today.  She didn't do anything on her vacations but stay home and watched tv (FB status updates everyday about how bored she was at home all day).  So how can she suddenly be sick.  With today as a sick today she has called in 8 times already this year and taken 5 half days plus 4 days of vacation last week.  I can't stand her and the office is much quieter when she is gone but I have to do her work when she is out so I'm annoyed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my BM has a need for T&P tied in.

My twin was in a car wreck last night.  I guy ran a red light and T-boned her.  She is ok, just very bruised.  The car, however, is totaled.  Things that suck about this situation? 1. She was driving my other sister's car because her car stopped working.  Both my sisters are carless for the moment. 2. The guy who hit her has no insurance.  On top of that, he never apologized or asked is she was ok. 3. I was on the phone with her when it happened.  I heard her scream and then the phone cut off.  I would hope no one would ever have to hear that. 

On the bright side, her two year old daughter was not with her at the time.  Thank God because he hit right where she would have been.

So, if you could.  Just keep her and my other sister in your thoughts and prayers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    A package I am in need of was deilvered last week, but not to me.  And there is no one with the name that signed it in our entire building. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:18addfa2-9fc0-4c08-8434-698e2b4abae0Post:a5cf3a5c-5f54-4f1d-b9e7-9ee580449dc4">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]. B&M: RD list has climbed to 60 peeps. Holy rehearsal dinner, Batman.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

<div>Ours it at 60 too.  I'm glad that my dad decided to pick up that tab otherwise we would have cut people.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    a.) "Tough Noodles" = me LMAO

b.) My B&M = my house is back to being just me and the puppies. FI left plenty of laundry for me to do though, however he forgot to clean out his pockets and I found beer bottle caps and cig butts in every pair (he says the cigarette thing is from when he was in Iraq and they couldn't throw them on the ground so he got in the habit of putting them in his pocket.) Oh how I can't wait til he kicks that habit.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    I B&M that we need more members for the Knottie Race for Wishes Team!!  Newbies, OMH's and everyone in between...that means YOU!

See Details at sticky post at the top of the page!
  • edited December 2011
    UGH, I just got another email from the other bridesmaids for the wedding that I'm a BM in August.  They are asking for $200 from each of the 5 BMs to pay for the shower.  A shower where the hall rental is being paid for by the mother of the bride.  What are you spending $1000 on for a shower?!?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards