Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Wednesday....

• edited December 2011
    I'd just like to say that I am actively searching for a part time job to get me through the Summer and pay off the rest of this wedding.  Three months to go and just not enough income.  Blahhhh
  • edited December 2011
    I AW that it's my first day of SUMMER VACATION WHOOOO!!! Hw good did it feel to wake up at 9, take Mac for a walk, and leisurely make myself eggs, toast, and a cup of tea for breakfast. 

Also, need to ask for some knottie vibes...I got a call from a good friend of mine letting me know that she will be staying at her parents' this summer instead of moving in with her boyfriend in CT.  Her dad was hit while riding his motorcycle and, among other injuries, hd his left foot amputated.  He'll eventually be OK, but is still in the ICU for the time being and it's going to be a long road to recovery.  So please - good thoughts for my friend and her dad...
  • edited December 2011
    ~good vibes for you friend and her family!~

So, I got a phone call last night from job #3 saying they had to cancel me for Sunday because they have to go with some one more experienced. I will be put back on for next Sunday though. I was a little offended at first but now I am taking it as a sign that I need a break and have to stop working 7 days a week!
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole, my first thought was "holy crap, the girl actually will have a day off!"  My second thought was "Now she can come to the GTG" :)

Heather-  Wooo hooo on summer vaca!  Are you taking any classes over the summer?  I'm soo sorry to hear about your friend's father-- I hope he comes out ok.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whine:

I hate that my summer dance classes start the same week as the recital.  Could bossman really not have at least given me a day off to reward me for all of the hard work I put in ALL YEAR?  I don't want to go to work tonight, I want to rest up and have some time to put together my lesson plans.  I really think a week with no dance would not have broken the studio financially.  Ugh, sorry I'm whining about having to work but I worked every day last week and won't even be paid for the total time I put in.  The recital and dress rehearsal are a flat pay...which is less than if he paid me for the hours I put in.  End whine. 
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Oops, forgot to add my stuff:

I love how this morning David Murphy was talking about the excessive heat, and not to refuel your cars during such and such a time, and run all your errunds at this time.... but then hey, let's cut the to chopper wasting JET FUEL doing circles over some non-issue accident.

Dear Wedding Dress:
      You had better look damn good on me today.  I have taken an ass-whoopin from Jillian Michaels, and I'm sick of eating cottage cheese. 
    Love.
      the Chunkosaurus Bride.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
    edited December 2011
    I'm throwing in a confession too:

JEGs has an eye doctors appointment today, and I confess I am so. pumped. for him to get contacts again.  He's soooo hot without his glasses.  So hot.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole, sorry I complained after how much you work...I felt guilty typing it but I couldn't help it.  Please enjoy Sunday off....you really deserve it.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think my office is jinxed.  One coworker has a broken wrist, one has a chronically sick daughter, one's husband just found out he has cancer, and one was in the ER for 10 hours yesterday.  I think I should work from home until the wedding and honeymoon are over!

Confession - I'm nervous about my hair/MU trial tomorrow after work.  Most hair/MU people dont listen to me when I talk, and it annoys the crap out of me when they do exactly what I told them would not work.  Hopefully she listens to me from the start, and everything goes well.  I dont have much patience lately.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the good vibes, gals. 

Amer - NO CLASSES this summer.  I figure that since I got married, finished my M.Ed., purchased a home, and has an assignment change at school to deal with all in the past year (not to mention another assignment change next year....eugh, things are awful in my district right now)...I deserve a break.  So summer plans are officially sitting on my butt and working on my house.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess the wedding stress is giving me bad anxiety lately. I keep having awful thoughts of bad things happening.  I have a hard time pushing those thoughts away sometimes and I freak myself out.

On the brighter side...FI got tickets for the second Paul McCartney show, so now we can go without conflicting with his friends wedding!  Plus if the tickets from the first show sell on stubhub, we'll make our money back, plus enough to cover the second set and will be seeing Paul for free! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Still can't make the g2g. FI still has work and we are staying until Monday. I had originally planned to call out Monday to finally have a day off in a month, now I will have 2 in a row. 

Stac- lol don't feel bad. No one should have to work 7 days a week! I think it is evil and you have every right to vent!

• edited December 2011
    I confess that a year ago when I started lurking/posting on this board I never would have considered going to a G2G.  There seemed to be a lot of bickering and attitudes back then.  I like the new group of girls (and jaja).
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent - Living back in the same house with my mom and grandma before the wedding is driving my CRAZY.  They still  treat me like a teenager and my grandma has to know where I'll be at all times!!

AW: I FINALLY picked out my shoes for the wedding and they're....jellies! haha

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a1c7af3-97b0-4def-87e4-b95130567d52Post:35da2257-e889-46b9-a0de-fcb9db83a6d9">Re: Wednesday....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vent - Living back in the same house with my mom and grandma before the wedding is driving my CRAZY.  They still  treat me like a teenager and my grandma has to know where I'll be at all times!! AW: I FINALLY picked out my shoes for the wedding and they're....jellies! haha
    Posted by CA2PABride2Be[/QUOTE]

are they colored stones? I think I want a pair, but would be worried about blisters!!
  • edited December 2011
    ditto Nicole about the blisters! I used to LOVE jellies when I was little!

Confession-I am so excited for Sunday and I think the gtg will be the highlight of my week. I confess I am bummed Nicole is not going :(  

AW- I think it is great how I get paid to go to the POOL! haha! I love my job!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're little crystals all over it.  The blisters part hasn't worried me - I'm more worried about my feet sweating in them, but I'm gonna bring flip flops for the reception just in case.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another confession:  I got a piece of lingerie at one of my bridal showers and when I went to try it on I accidently ripped it at the seem.  Currently, my grandmother is mending it for me.  How weird is that? haha
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    b2b - glad I will be missed!

CA2PA - I have tears from laughing. My nan is my go to, I don't think I could bring it to her!
  • edited December 2011
    ca2pa... I think if she bought it for you that would be more weird. I think it is gross when your mom or someone like that buys lingerie for the bride.

• edited December 2011
    I confess I just dropped my e-ring in the bathroom at work.  After a solid few minutes on my hands and knees, I found it sitting on the floor grate, and 1 inch from falling in.  I cannot believe how lucky I got.
  • edited December 2011
    Cara- Holy crap I would have DIED. You are super lucky!
  • edited December 2011
    Cara - Is your finger smaller from losing weight?  Glad it wasn't lost.  I'm sure you would have had maintenance rip up the floor!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, no, I sometimes take it off in the bathroom to wash my hands and put it on a small table next to the sink (not on the edge of the sink).  It just slipped from my fingers and bounced.  Pretty sure I'm not taking it off anymore to wash my hands.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I actually have NWR amazing news:  I won concert tix twice yesterday!

First, I got an email from a radio station saying I won tix to Barenaked Ladies from a contest I entered on their website.  Then, on my way home, I was Caller #9 for another radio station and I won tix to see Al Green, a 70s soul singer!  Unfortunately, the Al Green concert is the night before the wedding, so I will either sell or give away the tix.

And....some of you might be jealous, but I won Lady Gaga tix for July 4th in Atlantic City!  But....they're General Admission Standing Room Only.  Call me an old fart, but I don't like to stand the entire time at concerts; I like to be able to sit down and rest once in awhile.  I'm trying to sell them, but if I can't, then I'm going and I'll make the best of it.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Musicheals!  I tried to buy the Gaga tix in AC, but they sold out quickly!  I'm not a fan of Gen Admission either.  I had GA tickets at the House of Blues and my feet were killing me by the time the concert was over!
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a1c7af3-97b0-4def-87e4-b95130567d52Post:31009542-8e97-46db-b636-31ea2fff0c2a">Re: Wednesday....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Musicheals!  I tried to buy the Gaga tix in AC, but they sold out quickly!  I'm not a fan of Gen Admission either.  I had GA tickets at the House of Blues and my feet were killing me by the time the concert was over!
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about HOB, Hilary!  I was at a Live concert there and I thought I was going to faint!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, I hate Gen Aadmission!  Mostly becuase I'm so short, I can never see.  But I like having a seat.  FI and I try to avoid shows that are GA.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg if that wasn't the day we were flying out Hawaii for our honeymoon I would SO buy the Gaga tickets from you!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that my prick of a FBIL didn't get the job he wanted, and I'm happy about that. Does that make me a witch?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards