Arizona-Phoenix

Florist

Any recommendations for a good florist?  I'm doing a pretty good job finding vendors.... but I'm trying to avoid "sticker shock" when I go visit a florist!!!

I live in the Gilbert/Mesa area, but am getting married at Sassi in N. Scottsdale.  Any tips would help!  Thanks : )

Re: Florist

• Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Amanda with Butterfly Petals; I know a few other brides have used her as well. Good luck!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love Sassi!  I so wanted to book there, but I'm planning a small wedding and Lavi made it clear from the beginning that I was too small to be bothered with.  Hopefully you have a better experience. 

I booked Amanda of Butterfly Petals.  She's based in the East Valley, has very reasonable prices and is wonderfully creative.  I've heard great things about her from other Phoenix brides.

• schlueter2010schlueter2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely LOVE my florist. Her name is Lisa from Hertiage Weddings. I wanted a pretty rare flower and while it took her about a week to get back to me, she was able to look at a bunch of different warehouses & got me a steal on my wedding package! I was definitely shocked at how cheap it was!! :) Below is a pic of my bouquet. Her information is: Lisa 480-284-9897 / email: lisa_killary679@hotmail.com

I called her & let her know I was going to email her pictures & then she got back to me with prices. I hope she works for you :)

• megandevmegandev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thanks for the help!  I will check out those places : )
  • edited December 2011
    I definately recommend rene wendell from wendell florists!!! we priced out a TON of florists and he is definately the best proce!! He is SO sweet, enthusiastic and creative!! We just had our final tasting at our venue and he brought over a sample centerpiece...we couldnt be happier!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Amanda with Butterfly Petals as well!  She works magic with any budget!  I was shocked at how much we're getting for what we're spending.  Plus, she's super creative and super nice.  I definitely didn't have sticker shock with her because I thought we were going to spend WAY more than she quoted us.  It was really reassuring that she didn't charge us for things we didn't need, she just gave us a quote for what we asked for and it was hundreds under our budget!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Amanda with Butterfly Petals as well, my flowers turned out amazing!  She was able to get me my pricey flowers (orchids, dahlias, callas) for WAY cheaper than anyone else, it was not even close, I think the next cheapest quote I got was $2000 more!  She was highly recommended on this board when I was planning my wedding last year and I am so happy I went with her!  You can see her work in my bio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Based on recommendations here, I've booked Amanda, too. I meet with her for the first time tomorrow, but she has given me an initial quote that's well within my budget. 
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend who got her's from Phoenix Flower Shop.

It was an outdoor spring wedding and she had a big bouquet of daisies. I know she went with them due to her budget.
  • kellyL34kellyL34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Karin at God's Garden Treasures, in Tempe.  They were the Knot pick on this website, and altho I am not getting my centerpieces from them ( my uncle made them from silk flowers, i know, sounds tacky, but they are really nice ) I am getting everything else. I told her what flowers I like and I am letting them be creative with the arranging.  ( I am not a flower person, so I figured leave it to the pro"s ) My flower budget was $1,000.00 and I came in just over 1/2.  I have been lowballing all my vendors and have been getting fantastic results.
  • megandevmegandev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow--- just checked back and it looks like I've got some work to do and florist to call.  Thanks again :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am booked at Sassi too!  Although I haven't event started looking for a florist yet.  Looks like Amanda at Butterfly Petals comes highly recommended.  Thanks for sharing!!
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Trish with Petals and Lucy.  She listened very intently to what I was wanting.  She also worked really well with my budget.  I feel confident that she has a firm grasp on my vision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards