Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

donations in lieu of gifts - wording....

Since both of us are in our in our late 30s and I have had a fully stocked home for over 7 years, we are only planning on registering for a few upgrade and gap items.  My FI was born with a cleft pallete and the non-profit group Interplast is near and dear to his heart (they do repair surguries around the world for kids that cannot afford it).  He was lucky enough to have access to top-notch doctors for his 12+ surgeries to correct his birth defect (and now he just has a scar that looks like he was in an accident and got a big gash above his lip).

Here's the question  - on our wedding webiste, I was thinking of  putting something long the lines of -

As many of you may know, NAME was born with a cleft pallete.  He was fortunate to have access to wonderful surgeons and we would like to help extend the opportunity to others so they too can be proud of their smiles on their wedding days.  Please consider a donation to Interplast (weblink here) in honor of our wedding day instead of a traditional gift.

We would also list the 1-2 places we did register.

Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: donations in lieu of gifts - wording....

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_donations-lieu-of-gifts-wording-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a521354f-908c-4324-accb-b617cd65f021Post:51b58681-2f6b-468c-be62-dc4d44d91d62">donations in lieu of gifts - wording....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thoughts?
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]
    i think you already posted this.
  • Options
    lol @ DJ
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I remember when these threads used to get so heated.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    musta been amoro causing all those heated discussions.

j/k if you're lurking, mo.  ;-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_donations-lieu-of-gifts-wording-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a521354f-908c-4324-accb-b617cd65f021Post:51b58681-2f6b-468c-be62-dc4d44d91d62">donations in lieu of gifts - wording....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since both of us are in our in our late 30s and I have had a fully stocked home for over 7 years, we are only planning on registering for a few upgrade and gap items.  My FI was born with a cleft pallete and the non-profit group Interplast is near and dear to his heart (they do repair surguries around the world for kids that cannot afford it).  He was lucky enough to have access to top-notch doctors for his 12+ surgeries to correct his birth defect (and now he just has a scar that looks like he was in an accident and got a big gash above his lip). Here's the question  - on our wedding webiste, I was thinking of  putting something long the lines of - As many of you may know, NAME was born with a cleft pallete.  He was fortunate to have access to wonderful surgeons and we would like to help extend the opportunity to others so they too can be proud of their smiles on their wedding days.  Please consider a donation to Interplast (weblink here) in honor of our wedding day instead of a traditional gift. We would also list the 1-2 places we did register. Thoughts?
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]

<div>Why don't you not say anything about gifts at all and then whatever money you get as gifts just donate yourself? </div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards