New York-Long Island

LI Wedding Venues

Hello,

I just recently got 1/20/2011!!! So I am in the beginning stages of wedding planning.  I am not originally from LI, so this makes my search a little more challenging.  Just wanted to know what your opinions are.  A little about what I'm looking for is a venue that will fit 150 guests at a max of $100 per person.  I am interested in Majestic Gardens and The Metropolitan, but any other place you suggest I will look into.

Thanks in advance!!!!Smile

Re: LI Wedding Venues

• edited December 2011

Yay! congrats! I got married at Giorgio's...Beautiful! I had 125 guests and paid around that price. Check it out! I planned from FLA and everything went smoothly! Good luck with planning:-)

• edited December 2011
    I got married at East Wind and our price per head was about that price. They have tons of options though with different rooms and capacities, so you might be able to go even lower.
  • Tony&NatashaTony&Natasha member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Giorgio's bride as well - and paid around there.

I went to look at the Metropolitan - personally thought it was very small, not updated, and there is no where ON CITE to take pictures - they will provide you with a permit to take pictures at Morgan's Island - which is about 10 minutes away - just an FYI

CONGRATS on the ENGAGEMENT!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you so much, I did go to gorgio's for a wedding a while back and so far it was the best wedding we went too. I just assumed it was out of our price range, but I guess i'll call them up :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_li-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:ffc620ce-4723-4f62-b04e-ff791dc780a4Post:e77b2216-9000-4579-95f7-d25c100f0a96">Re: LI Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! congrats! I got married at Giorgio's...Beautiful! I had 125 guests and paid around that price. Check it out! I planned from FLA and everything went smoothly! Good luck with planning:-)
    Posted by LynnScott1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>this, but I did not get married there. just watched a bunch of people get married there. it is a nice place and the food was good.

</div>
  • jbara79jbara79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Fox Hollow. i'm getting married there in November and it came out to 69pp for 75 people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • XxKrazy4uXxKrazy4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have been to weddings at east wind and georgios which were great. We decided on Atlantis Marine World in Riverhead. $89 a person for 100 people guaranteed. You get the whole place to yourself and i have yet to hear anything bad about it. good luck and congrats,
  • edited December 2011
    Try Jericho Terrand and Chateau Briand.  They both have excellent pricing during certain times of the year.  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Swan Club bride and I can't help but recommend them all the time!  Their prices are great and they have two rooms, one to accomodate smaller parties and one to accomodate bigger parties.  They also have really beautiful gardens on the water which will be GREAT for picture taking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having my wedding at Atlantis Marine world in Riverhead, and can't wait! The aquarium closes at 5, so you get the whole place to yourself! I have heard nothing but amazing reviews about them.

It's certainly different!
    edited December 2011
    I have heard about the marine world, I would love to know how your weddings turn out.  Sounds like so much fun!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a thursday night wedding in August of 2012 at Chateau La Mer for $60pp (before tax)
    Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Photobucket
  • KelBelle118KelBelle118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just signed a contract for april 2012 at crest hollow country club and im literally counting the days the place is amazing and the price shocked us!

seriously look into it!! its beautiful
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards