Massachusetts-Boston

A wedding at Old Sturbridge Village

Does anyone have any opinions on OSV as a reception site. I just viewed the facility and i thought it was beautiful and affordable.
If anyone has ever been to a wedding there -  could you let me know anything, positive or negative, just so I have some ideas. Thanks so much! Laughing

Re: A wedding at Old Sturbridge Village

• edited December 2011
    Love OSV for weddings! They are beaurtiful! The food is delicious! I will say that I went to a summer wedding there and it was SO hot in the church. People were sweating like crazy and then when we walked to the reception on the dirt road, we all got caked in dirt/dust from the mixture of sweat and dirt.
  • edited December 2011
    We were there for a wedding in May and it was really cute. Thankfully it wasn't too hot - so the chapel wasn't so bad on our visit - but there was a dirt issue in heels as the PP mentioned - but it was minor. The food was fantastic, and there was tons of it. Overall I would give it a positive review - the only negative I can think of is that if you have a large reception, it has to be broken up into two rooms - I mean, they open up doors so it's joined, but we were at a table in the other room, and sort of behind a wall, and I just felt really separated from the party all night. But it's not that big of a deal, and we were one table out of like, 15 :)
  • edited December 2011
    OK thanks so much for feedback. We are actually going to get married at a church - not at the chapel on OSV property. So I won't have to worry about the walk through the sand/dirt and the hotness in the chapel. So thats good. I have heard the food was fabulous and if its warm I can have the cocktail hour outside near the herb garden, which I thought was beautiful. Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011

We just looked at the Bullard (?) Tavern there and are pretty sold. It seems like an awesome place to have a wedding. I'm excited to hear that the food gets good reviews.

• edited December 2011
    We ended up booking at Sturbridge as well. I'm excited to hear how your wedding is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards