June 2012 Weddings

Coach clutch for bridesmaids gifts? - A few questions..

I have a coach outlet by my house and they have a GREAT deal on clutches...would this be an acceptable bridesmaid gift?  I know people say they shouldn't all be the same but I know all the girls like purses and like the coach line...

Also, the colors are either black...or this mix of browns. However, my dresses are in light yellow. Is it okay to give them this clutch knowing they wont be used, or won't match the gowns? 

Also - if you got one, which color would you prefer? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Coach clutch for bridesmaids gifts? - A few questions..

• I think its a great gift. I don't think their gift needs to be used the day of your wedding. I like black but think brown is nice to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you think your bridesmaids will like them then I say go for it. They do not have to match the dresses or be used the day of the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Coach! I think it'd be a great gift. I'd do black since it matches everything and they can reuse them
  • I love coach. I have always wanted one. I would say yes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think it is an awesome idea. I would be very excited about getting a coach clutch. I think either black or brown would be fine. How many BM do you have? Maybe you could get a mix of different colors and then let them swap with each other if they prefer a different color.
  • I think you are fine. Especially since they won't be used for the wedding it would be more of an actual gift rather than the standard "gift" to be used as part of the wedding attire.

I would probably do a mix of the two colors or directly ask my BM which they would  color they prefer. You can do so without letting them know what they are actually getting.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_coach-clutch-bridesmaids-gifts-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07bab345-4a4f-4913-bb8e-658bff509b52Post:364e3c6f-8541-41a1-b15a-3a6b589750d6">Re: Coach clutch for bridesmaids gifts? - A few questions..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you are fine. Especially since they won't be used for the wedding it would be more of an actual gift rather than the standard "gift" to be used as part of the wedding attire. I would probably do a mix of the two colors or directly ask my BM which they would  color they prefer. You can do so without letting them know what they are actually getting.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_coach-clutch-bridesmaids-gifts-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07bab345-4a4f-4913-bb8e-658bff509b52Post:364e3c6f-8541-41a1-b15a-3a6b589750d6">Re: Coach clutch for bridesmaids gifts? - A few questions..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you are fine. Especially since they won't be used for the wedding it would be more of an actual gift rather than the standard "gift" to be used as part of the wedding attire. I would probably do a mix of the two colors or directly ask my BM which they would  color they prefer. You can do so without letting them know what they are actually getting.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

All this.
  • I actually got a Coach clutch as a bridesmaids gift last year (she bought each one of us a different one...they didn't match our dresses). I love it!!! I use it all the time. Definitely get them. The girls will love them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that's a great gift! I love personally like black more
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOVE it!! I'm getting my girls Vera Bradley make up bags to match the wedding colors. :) Coach is great and all girls love Coach!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_coach-clutch-bridesmaids-gifts-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07bab345-4a4f-4913-bb8e-658bff509b52Post:96f62354-7cea-4c4f-8400-111fab4e151f">Re: Coach clutch for bridesmaids gifts? - A few questions..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually got a Coach clutch as a bridesmaids gift last year (she bought each one of us a different one...they didn't match our dresses). I love it!!! I use it all the time. Definitely get them. The girls will love them!
    Posted by RKPugs[/QUOTE]

This! I love mine!
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • I got my 4 girls black Coach wristlets on sale on Black Friday. I figured the girls can carry gum, lip gloss, cameras, and cell phone in them on the wedding day. I got them black b/c the wedding colors are pink and black and black matches lots after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards