Michigan-Detroit

Best and Worst Lets hear it!

Ok ladies. Lets talk about your Christmas presents! Who got you your best gift and what was it who got you the worst one and what was it!

Re: Best and Worst Lets hear it!

• Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best was FIL money, we are so broke right now.
    Worst my parents, nothing but as for actual gift would be BIL/SIL, every year its the same thing a gift basket from bath and body works.  I still have some left from three years ago plus last years and now again this year.  I must really smell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I really liked all of my gifts.  There was one shirt that I'm still undecided about.  Otherwise I'm really happy with everything, and everyone was so generous as always.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a lot of gift cards but I had asked for them.  Probably the best gift was my renewed subscription to Us Weekly :)  It's my guilty pleasure.

I can't think of anything that made me go, "huh?"  Everything was pretty good!  Although I haven't finished opening gifts from the ILs yet so maybe I'll change my answer ;)

ETA:  Ok Fiance just gave me one more gift:  a Nook!  I am soooo excited!  My mom got one for Christmas and I was playing with it more than she was.  It was a total surprise, LOVE him :)

ETA2:  Forgot to list the worst after opening the rest of the gifts:  body oil from FSIL and FBIL.  uh ok? I have never once expressed interest in wanting/needing body oil.  And it's not even like some exotic brand, it's neutrogena from Meijer.  They told FI what it was while he was home and he just kinda laughed to himself knowing that I would think it was weird.
  • jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Best gifts was my new MP3 player from FH! Mine broke a while ago, and the gym has been such a drag ever since!!

Worst had to be the coffee mug i got from my future sister in law.

A funny gift was a nighty from Victoria Secret from my FIL's and while I was opening it, she said "Something to spice things up in the bedroom" (a little excited for grandkids?)
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_worst-lets-hear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:734c874d-c989-4e7a-b71b-abaa931bdde6Post:a75757c9-0401-465c-81e4-c799fd982847">Re: Best and Worst Lets hear it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Best gifts was my new MP3 player from FH! Mine broke a while ago, and the gym has been such a drag ever since!! Worst had to be the coffee mug i got from my future sister in law. <strong>A funny gift was a nighty from Victoria Secret from my FIL's and while I was opening it, she said "Something to spice things up in the bedroom" </strong>(a little excited for grandkids?)
    Posted by jhawthorne85[/QUOTE]
    ack!  I would be mortified if they ever said anything like this to me even after we are married!  And I would absolutely die of embarassment if they ever got me lingerie!
  • edited December 2011
    Best I have to say was my heated blanket cause I really wanted one since I am always so cold and it was from my FIL's.

I can't say I have a worst this year cause everyone did a really good job, but I am little sad cause I did really want a subscription to US weekly which is also my guilty pleasure and I buy it and people magazine every week! Love those gossip mags, its one of my favorite ways to unwind, but my birthday is in Feb. so maybe I'll get it then:)
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    As far as gifts go, we were overwhelmed with DH's families generosity. A lot has happened since we were married, and I don't really want to go into detail, but we are struggling a lot right now. DH's parents gave Christmas presents to my brother and youngest sister, which was completely unexpected. My DH didn't even know. They also gave us a gift certificate to the store we bought all of our living room/dinning room furniture from.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    I would FREAK OUT if the ILs got anything sexual like body oil, victoria secret lingerie, or anything. Honestly, I would turn soooooo red. Even after we're married I don't want any comments on baby-making (even though I'm pumped for children). I think the phrase "we're trying" is awkward.. it's politely telling people you're having sex and yet it's socially acceptable. Sorry for that rant..

Anyway..

Best gifts: cash from my FI 's outta state grandpa AND a griddle. I didn't think I'd be so excited to unwrap a kitchen appliance. and lastly, to have a family that loves me. it sounds cheesy but my FI's grandpa had a friend whose wife passed away so he celebrated christmas with us and during some chaos I went over and hugged him. I think it made both our days. :-)

Worst: usually I don't not-like a gift but someone made me cookies and they were burnt AND not from scratch. (the cut and bake kind... which are good, don't get me wrong, but from scratch are from the heart!) lol

Nonetheless, I am so grateful for everything and everyone in my life xoxo
  • crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    I had to include this picture for my best gift.  FMIL bought this shadow box and the cruise ship and made it look like an island with FI and I on it.  Since FI and I are going on a cruise for our HM, she decided she would put money under the blue beads for us to spend on our HM.  She is the most creative person ever.

I don't think I really got a bad gift.  Nothing I got really made me go, "Why am I getting this?" unless it would be the small cheese grater that was in my stocking from my mom.  It was a little weird, but stocking stuffers usually are considering my brother and sister help pick the stuff out and they compete on getting the weirdest presents ever!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • edited December 2011

This Christmas was wonderful, we are so greatful to have so many wonderful people in our lives!

I would say my best gift is the Nook my parents bought me, I love it!

I don't really have a worst gift.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got a kindle for my birthday you ladies will love your nooks! It carry it with me everywhere!

I got lots of great gifts this year. Really nothing that made me go WTF!    This year was good! 

Love the nighty story, so glad it happened to you and not me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards