April 2013 Weddings

Anyone else just ready for the big day to be here!?

I know, I know, we have 9 months to go, but I wish it was next month! I'm so excited to call myself his wife, buy a house, get a dog and talk babies! Haha, We've been together for 5.5 years, so I guess I'm just really ready to begin this new chapter of our lives. I'm trying to enjoy the planning process, but with a destination wedding there's really not much to do at this point. Anyone else just ready for their day to come already?

Anniversary

Re: Anyone else just ready for the big day to be here!?

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We have been together for over 7 years lol, and right now I am so over everything I want it be over with!
  • We are going on 6.5 years here!!!! I also always wish my wedding was closer esp. when I am at other weddings!!!! If you really think about it, things for us will begin to pickup again when it gets closer to the new year. Its like the calm before the storm. I am kinda enjoying not having anything major to do wedding wise except I keep putting off working on my DIY projects and telling myself "oh we have 9 months still" haha. Soon enough ladies :):)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:Anyone else just ready for the big day to be here!?:[QUOTE]We are going on 6.5 years here!!!! I also always wish my wedding was closer esp. when I am at other weddings!!!! If you really think about it, things for us will begin to pickup again when it gets closer to the new year. Its like the calm before the storm. I am kinda enjoying not having anything major to do wedding wise except I keep putting off working on my DIY projects and telling myself quot;oh we have 9 months stillquot; haha. Soon enough ladies :: Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

Very true, I'm sure things will get crazy a couple months from the wedding. I'm just not patient enough for this long of an engagement I guess ha.

Anniversary
  • Oh dear lord no! I have too much DIY stuff to do! We've been together for a little over 5 years (getting married the day before our 6th anniversary) and already live together with a dog, so nothing will really change on a day to day level when we get married. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • omg yes!!! the only thing Im not happy with my weight right now i need the time to start working at that lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YES, if for no other reason than to stop my family from driving me up a wall, complaining about every last detail. 

We'll celebrate 9 years together in August.  We've lived together for 8 of those years and have a daughter together.  All we're missing is the dog and the house.  Hopefully, those will come soon.

We're also doing a destination wedding and I feel ya on the cooling your heels part.  I'm DIY'ing a ton of stuff so I'm fine with all the time in between.  Now I just need to figure out how to get it all down there in 1 piece without paying a fortune.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • We've only been together 2.5 years but YES!  He originally wanted this fall and now I'm mad I made him wait, haha.  I kept talking about the wedding to people last night and allI want to do is marry him!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Looks like I'm one of the few brides enjoying the planning process enough not to feel too anxious. I've known I was going to marry him since our 3rd date, but I never felt anxious about the proposal or the wedding because I knew I'd found the right guy. I'm just getting around to dress shopping this month, I have a ton of DIY to do, and I don't even have a finalized guest list yet. Oh, and I still have to call the church; last week was VBS so I didn't want to get in the middle of all that craziness. I am no where near ready for the wedding. I'm sure around March I will start to get REALLY anxious. Since we live together right now, only legal stuff is going to change, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm happy it's not too soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • I was anxious when we were suppose to marry in May, but now I am like ,yea ok.... Most of the planning is done so I don't have to finalize until Feb/March. I am still excited to be Mrs Haynes. We are looking for a place to live now, so I am excited
  • One of my friends is 2 1/2 months pregnant so every time she goes in for an ultrasound it's like a little clock saying "here comes the baby, here comes the bride!"  I am so excited for her little button, and it'll mean just 3 months till my big day.  That's when I think I'll start to get crazed.  I'm going home for thanksgiving and I'm going to plan out my DIY stuff with my sister at that point (one of the few things she can help with from afar, she's 16 so this is definitely the most exciting thing in her life let alone mine right now)..  So thankful for checklists otherwise my mind would be going wayy more crazy with all the things I want and need to do to prepare.  Yay weddings :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards