Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Budget Shoreline Venue for a Small Wedding?

Does anyone know of any inexpensive venues on the water that would be suitable for a wedding reception with about 50-65 guests? I'm from Connecticut but we have many guests traveling from afar, a number of whom have never been to New England. I'd love to treat them to some beautiful views of the shoreline here for our wedding (and I also love the shore, myself). The wedding will take place in the summer and will double as a vacation for a number of our OOT guests, as they're interested in visiting Newport, Boston, the Cape, the Berkshires, and possibly CT during their stay. Quite a few of the guests from my side will be coming from CT, as well. We're on a very tight budget though... we're hoping to spend $60/pp or less for the reception if at all possible. We've looked at a number of places in RI, but we're open to looking into anything on the South Shore in MA as well. 

Re: Budget Shoreline Venue for a Small Wedding?

• Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding ceremony on Sandy Beach in Cohasset.  It was free.  Then our reception was at the Altantica in Cohasset which is 5 minutes down the road on the harbor.  It's so beautiful.  they don't have a per person minimum, but a monetary min.  For a Friday wedding you have to spend $6k.  
  • Options
    love2naplove2nap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Falmouth Yacht Club on the Cape can handle up to 110 guests and I think it's pretty affordable. You can also get married right on the beach. The Beach Breeze Inn is also in Falmouth. I don't know the specific rates, but I do know you have to rent out the entire Inn (I think it's about 22 rooms, but if you have a lot of OOT guests, it might not be a big deal).

Also, check out the Hemisphere Waterfront Dining. It has views of the cape cod can and I think it's pretty affordable too.

Good luck!
  • Options
    love2naplove2nap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and the flying bridge in falmouth as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks very much! I'll definitely check into these. Has anyone had any experience with a wedding at the Cohasset Harbor Inn, itself (rather than the nearby Atlantica)? I have never seen either of these venues, but I noticed that the packages for the Inn are even less expensive than the restaurant... and it seems they would accomodate a group of our size. According to their FB page, they've recently redone the carpeting. I can't find many photos/reviews, though. There seems to be much more info available for the Atlantica.

Also, does anyone know if the Chart House in Boston does weddings?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Cohasset Harbor Inn & Atlantica both have lovely views of the harbor and are very central for the area. I would also consider the Barker Tavern in Scituate.

Absolutely reach out to us at New England Country Rentals www.NewEnglandCountryRentals.com for any rental needs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards