Not Engaged Yet

Cakewrecks

I love this blog.  For some reason, today's post made me laugh harder than usual.  Maybe perhaps because I tremble to think what kind of cake I'd make at my current stress level. 

cakewrecks.blogspot.com

Anyone feel like discussing?  Or talking cake? MMMMmm.. Cake.

Re: Cakewrecks

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this blog, but from what I've looked at already, it's pretty much made of win and I am going to spend much of my day off looking through it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Sometimes I think it would be a fun career to own a bake shop, but then I think how it would probably kill my love of baking to have to do it day in, day out for people who probably don't appreciate the work that goes into their cake.

I do however love to watch all the cake shows that seem to be popping up on TV lately! They make some pretty amazing cakes!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    I love that site!  My friend submitted one for Father's Day:

That site literally makes me laugh out loud.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My friend has a picture of him in a Goldfish suit that looks JUST LIKE THAT.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I remember that one cate.  She makes me laugh til I cry sometimes.  "well, at least teh king dad fish dad thing looks as confused as I do..."
  • edited December 2011
    This one's got to be one of my favs:

Tee heee... Bet that wasn't a great Valentines Day for the lucky girl!

And for those of you who stress about cakes for weddings, just be glad you didn't show up to one of these (or if you're not yet married, make sure you don't):

Looks like my old lumpy pillow!

And that's all sorts of hot mess...

Here's more wedding disasters:
    http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/06/weird-wedding-cakes.html

EDIT: Oh, and this is the post that made me literally crack up at my desk:
    http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2010/07/frosting-101.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    noelle, I'm actually crying I'm laughing so hard from looking through this blog. Thank you, this is exactly what I needed today!

Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    cate, that's one of my favs.

Sop: glad I could get someone else hooked on cakewrecks!  I think she's hilarious.
  • edited December 2011
    I love that site too.  I literally laugh out loud while looked at some of the cakes.  I could have submitted one a few years ago.  I got my mom a cake that said, "Happy Birthday Mammi" .  It never occurred to me that the baker would need help with the spelling.  
  • edited December 2011
    I <3 this blog SO much!  We submitted our wedding cake as a "Sunday Sweet," it'd be so fun to see it up there!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had a picture of the cake from my first wedding... it would win a prize on Cakewrecks!  hahaha!  Thanks for the laugh!
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards