Missouri-St Louis
Options

Date booked 2 hours before we were booking it

I had what I thought was the perfect date for the wedding.  Sept. 28th, when my fiance proposed to me.  We found the place and went to book it a couple of days ago.  We get there to talk with the wedding coordinator and she tells us it was booked a couple of hours before we got there.  I'm pretty bummed about it.  Now I'm trying to move forward and find positivity from this point fwd. 

My next possible date is Oct. 26th.  It's an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception.  This year that weekend was cold, but 3 days before that it was sunny and warm with no jacket type weather.  I really really hope it will be that way this year. 

I've been thinking about all the what ifs but at this point I just have to look at the positive side of things.  Pretty fall colors, no one will be sweating their butt off, no mosquitoes .  It should be nice right? 

Who knew picking a date could be so stressful.

Re: Date booked 2 hours before we were booking it

• Options
    I'm sorry you're disappointed, but you definitely have the right outlook!  I hope that you have great weather and if not, just figure out a backup for the ceremony.  It will all work out.

If it makes you feel any better, I was a BM in a wedding 10/20 of this year and we had gorgeous weather and lots of beautiful fall foliage pics!
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_date-booked-2-hours-before-we-were-booking-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:c6ed1118-0698-43ad-93d7-23430cba957fPost:36a4cbad-30fa-4ff1-b272-c77297e6367e">Re: Date booked 2 hours before we were booking it</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry you're disappointed, but you definitely have the right outlook!  I hope that you have great weather and if not, just figure out a backup for the ceremony.  It will all work out. If it makes you feel any better, I was a BM in a wedding 10/20 of this year and we had gorgeous weather and lots of beautiful fall foliage pics!
    Posted by maryandkirk0909[/QUOTE]

That is good news!  I know this year it was nice everyday up until that weekend.   I already did the pouty thing for 2 days, time to move fwd.  If it is cold, the ceremony will be short, so people will not need to be out there long.  The boys should be warm with all the stuff they have to wear.  I just have to cross my fingers and hope for no rain, but you have to do that with any date you pick.

The date is not actually booked yet, tomorrow will be the day.  Hope no one shows up 2 hrs beforehand tomorrow!
  • Options
    I responded to your post on the October 2013 board, but it looks like you have it all figured out!  Good luck!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_date-booked-2-hours-before-we-were-booking-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:c6ed1118-0698-43ad-93d7-23430cba957fPost:9b7f9e02-400d-4595-ae11-603f8b01af3c">Re: Date booked 2 hours before we were booking it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Date booked 2 hours before we were booking it : That is good news!  I know this year it was nice everyday up until that weekend.   I already did the pouty thing for 2 days, time to move fwd.  If it is cold, the ceremony will be short, so people will not need to be out there long.  The boys should be warm with all the stuff they have to wear.  I just have to cross my fingers and hope for no rain, but you have to do that with any date you pick. The date is not actually booked yet, tomorrow will be the day.  Hope no one shows up 2 hrs beforehand tomorrow!
    Posted by MattSusie[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, St. Louis weather is unpredictable like that!  I got married 9/19 and it rained all day on my wedding day.  I will say this about the rain- every single one of my pictures were gorgeous because the photographer didn't have to combat sun glare.  There are perks either way!</div>
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards